300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG County Police

As usual, my forum search function isn't working, so I'll just ask.

Does anyone know what the physical agility test consists of and what time/scores an applicant has to get?

Anyone going to test on Sept 20th? I'm thinking about it.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

PAT is really a joke. If you can't pass it then you really have issues. All these are separate tests with separate times. Stair foot chase (up and down a flight of stairs), long foot chase (4 laps around a standard gym), short foot (1 side of a gym), dummy drag (drag a 150 lbs like 5 feet), push like 150 lbs weight 5 feet, jump like 5 feet, scale 4, 5, & 6 ft walls, trigger pull with both hands. I don't remember the times but I have never seen anyone fail. If you're hired you'll have to pass this yearly to get your merit increase. If you applied online they should send you a packet before your test.
    Sorry about your luck!

Comment

Is PG County PD hiring again? I heard that they aren't hiring for now :-\

Comment

OK I found it.

The agility test is designed to reflect critical tasks performed in the course of the Police Officer’s duties. These tasks are related to successful performance in the job. The criteria for success (e.g., time or distance) are related to acceptable performance in the job. This test is pass/fail. If you fail one area you will not proceed in the test. The critical job areas directly assessed through the agility test include the following:

• Long Foot Chase – You must run 440 yards (approximately 5 ½ laps) around the inside of a gym in 144 seconds or less
        • Short Foot Chase – You must run 40 yards in 10.3 seconds or less
        • Stair Chase – You must run up two flights of stairs beginning flat footed at the bottom of the stairs, running up the two flights of stairs without skipping steps, touching the wall at the top of the stairs and then returning down the stairs (without skipping steps or jumping) in 14.3 seconds or less
        • Ditch Jump – You must leap from a stripe on the floor and land at least 6 feet away on your feet. You must clear 6 feet with your heels. You will be able to use up to a 20-foot run up to begin your jump.
        • Pull to Cover – You must pull or drag a 160 pound dummy a distance of 10 feet in 9 seconds or less
        • Fence Climb – You must climb over 3 “fences” of varying heights beginning with a 4-foot “fence”, a 5-foot “fence” and a 6-foot “fence” in 21.7 seconds or less. The time begins when the first “fence” is touched and ends when your feet touch the floor after you’ve climbed the 6-foot “fence”.
        • Trigger Pull – Using a standard issue, unloaded, department sidearm, you must pull the trigger to “dry fire” the weapon, one-handed, using each hand.
        • Obstacle Push – Using a sled apparatus, you must push an obstacle, weighing 180 pounds, for a distance of 2 feet.
        Sorry about your luck!

Comment

Thanks for the PAT info!

Wheels64, where/when did you hear that PG wasn't hiring? I'll have to give recruitment a call on Tues.
          Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

Comment

I am taking their Written/PAT test this (9/5)Friday.I`ll let you know what happens
            I`d rather have one hundred enemies than one backstabbing friend.

Comment

Well I didn't hear it from anyone, but when you go to their page to apply there is no option on the PG Co. Government website to apply for the Police Department. There is however a place to apply for the Sheriff's Office. I'll give them a call on Tuesday to find out for sure though because I am very curious.

Comment

Is the PAT the same for the PG SO ?

Comment

Originally posted by LochRaven View Post
                  Is the PAT the same for the PG SO ?
                  I think it is... When I tested for PG back in January there were people there testing for PGSO as well. They took the same written and the same PAT as everyone else did, so I'm assuming that it's still the same.

Comment

I took the written and physical back in july of this year, and I have not heard anything regarding the initial interview yet. Does anyone know if it is normal for it to take about this long? I would call, but the investigator said not to call, and that he would call us. any one have a clue?

Comment

Going to be in the area on the 5th and was looking at applying and taking a ride along before I apply. Which district would one recommend for the most action? I recall hearing the 3 or 4 would be best. Still the same?
                      "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by davekocherrr View Post
                        I took the written and physical back in july of this year, and I have not heard anything regarding the initial interview yet. Does anyone know if it is normal for it to take about this long? I would call, but the investigator said not to call, and that he would call us. any one have a clue?
                        I tested the end of January and didnt hear from my investigator until the end of March.... so yes, it is normal for it to take that long

Originally posted by rleejr
                        Going to be in the area on the 5th and was looking at applying and taking a ride along before I apply. Which district would one recommend for the most action? I recall hearing the 3 or 4 would be best. Still the same?

Actually, a ride along is required during the background stage... I'd call the district ahead of time and see if you can get something set in stone instead of just showing up. As for which districts are the best, you'll want to look at a line district (one that shares a border w/DC). I personally rode in the 1st district and had a blast. The other two line districts are 3 and 4. 1 gets all the stuff from NE DC, and 3/4 get all the crap from SE and SW DC, so you cant really go wrong.

Comment

Thanks bigredmachine for the info, good to know I may not have been lost in the paper shuffle or anything like that. I also 2nd district one as a good place to go for a ride, I went on mine in july with a friend who works dist. 1 and it was for sure an interesting experience.

Comment

Well, took the exam for USCP yesterday and went to take that ride along I discussed previous, to see what county police actually do (we don't have county police here in PA and sheriffs tend to work courthouses and just transport prisoners, at least in my area).

I went with District 3 and I was absolutely amazed. I was sold. On the ride along, the officer I was with had, a few high priority calls with guns involved, arrested someone (which we transported to jail and got to see how the process went down at the jail), patted down some people and ran tags. It did start to rain though early in the evening which decreased the amount of activity I am sure. We spent an hour in the jail and had to go back to the station to enter the evidence. I learned about what to look for in tags in respect to being a stolen vehicle. Heck, I even spotted a guy we were looking for as we were at another incident.

I was very surprised about the car setup. I wasn't expecting the outfitted cars with computers and cameras. I was intrigued about the thick glass on the windows at gas stations and stuff as we don't have that here in small town USA. The drive-thru liquor stores were a first as well.

The officer I was with was great and I was excited to see how fast backup arrived as it was seemingly 2 or more cars. I also liked the paperwork that was not involved after every call as with other departments. Like I said, I was sold and will be testing with the department next month. You guys are no BS. All I need to do is pick up on that little accent you guys have in that area.
                            Last edited by rleejr79; 09-07-2008, 09:09 PM. Reason: grammar
                            "Sometimes you have to be able choose the harder right over the easier wrong" ~~ Dr. M.H

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~~ Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by rleejr79 View Post
                              Well, took the exam for USCP yesterday and went to take that ride along I discussed previous, to see what county police actually do (we don't have county police here in PA and sheriffs tend to work courthouses and just transport prisoners, at least in my area).

I went with District 3 and I was absolutely amazed. I was sold. On the ride along, the officer I was with had, a few high priority calls with guns involved, arrested someone (which we transported to jail and got to see how the process went down at the jail), patted down some people and ran tags. It did start to rain though early in the evening which decreased the amount of activity I am sure plus we spent an hour in the jail and had to go back to the station to enter the evidence. I learned about what to look for in tags in respect to being a stolen vehicle. Heck, I even spotted a guy we were looking for as we were at another incident.

I was very surprised about the car setup. I wasn't expecting the outfitted cars with computers and cameras. I was intrigued about the thick glass on the windows at gas stations and stuff as we don't have that here in small town USA. The drive-thru liquor stores were a first as well.

The officer I was with was great and I was excited to see how fast backup arrived as it was seemingly 2 or more cars. I also liked the paperwork that was not involved after every call as with other departments. Like I said, I was sold and will be testing with the department next month. You guys are no BS. All I need to do is pick up that little accent you guys have in that area.
                              PGPD!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3142 users online. 170 members and 2972 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X