300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in the Baltimore Metro area

I'm applying to the Baltimore PD but have never been to the area. I was wondering if anyone could give me some general info about the area?

1-What's the cost of living? How does it compaire to the DC area as well?
    2-What kind of arts and entertainment is the Baltimore area?
    3-What areas should I consider looking at for housing? (both in the suburbs and any specific baltimore neighborhoods) What areas do you recommend avoiding when looking for housing?
    4-I enjoy the outdoors. Are there any parks/hiking trails/bike trails in the area?

Any other info about the Baltimore area would be great.
    Thanks for your time.
    Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp.

There's another forum thats better suited to answer these questions. City-data.com, check out the forums there, great stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post
      I'm applying to the Baltimore PD but have never been to the area. I was wondering if anyone could give me some general info about the area?

3-What areas should I consider looking at for housing? (both in the suburbs and any specific baltimore neighborhoods) What areas do you recommend avoiding when looking for housing?
      4-I enjoy the outdoors. Are there any parks/hiking trails/bike trails in the area?

Thanks for your time.
      maryland is expensive. check out homedatabase.com

i would avoid living in the city. check out glen burnie, pasadena in anne arundel county, or just about anywhere in baltimore county (parkville, overlea, white marsh).

Comment

Originally posted by Street_Cop50 View Post

Thanks for your time.
        Baltimore City is more expensive and has outrageous taxes. Besides like what was stated earlier, try any of the surrounding counties. Baltimore County isn't too bad.

There is a lot of things to do in and arround the city. You have the Harbor (aquarium, science center, and good shops), eating is very diverse. You also have the Lyric and some comedy clubs. Baltimore is also close to DC and you can hop on the Metro (or whatever its called) in Greenbelt which saves you a hassle in parking. A word of advice I will 99.9% of the time carry when I go into the city. It's a little out of control at times.

As far as buying a house, again I would stay out of the city. I work there, dont want to live there. Owings Mills isnt too bad, White Marsh is ok, Towson is ok as well, little pricey. Pretty much any part Baltimore County besides some parts in west of the county. Woodlawn, some parts of Randallstown, etc. On the east side stay away from Middle River. I hear it's been going downhill quick.

There are plenty of parks in and around Baltimore County. Also LOTS of places to go fishing.

CANT WAIT TO GET A BOAT!!!

Comment

I wouldn't count Randallstown out... It's where I was for the first 6 mos I was in the academy, it's somewhat of a cheaper area and it's right next to Owings Mills and not far from the city. Some people think it's bad out there and who knows, I may have just been totally oblivious to it. But I would go for runs out there by myself during the day and night, and although I was definitely the minority in the area people were still a little friendly and I never felt threatened/scared or anything like that.

Everything out there is cheaper including dry cleaning, which I now miss those cheap prices!

Oh, but I must say, the one time I went into the bar around the corner from my place was the only time I felt out of place.. It was like the movies.. The music stopped, the TV turned off, glass broke, and everyone's heads turned to me.. Then after about 10 sec. everything continued! Needless to say I wasn't in there very long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike17068
            go online and check out cop next store
            they give around 50% off of list price
            the houses are HUD houses though
            and the houses are in rehab areas, that personally, i wouldnt want to live in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3120 users online. 164 members and 2956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X