300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montogomery County Deputy Sheriff

I was selected to take the written, can anyone tell me if this agency is difficult to get into in the end? How strick and selective are they? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by NYRESCUE; 08-23-2008, 07:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
    WWW.FIRSTRESPONDERS911.NET

When I was at NNMC, we would deal with these guys pretty regularly. Especially when we had taxi drivers or someone looking for a job on base with warrants They were awesome and would respond to pick up's within minutes.

If your looking at doing patrol work then you may want to apply with Montgomery county police. They share an academy with the agencies in Montgomery academy and dont send to many deputies through. The last class had 10 deputies.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Considering the two chowderheads on my shift who used to work for MCSO, I doubt that standards are too awfully high.

Seriously, orlandofed5-0 and Up_On_Base are spot on in their assessment of MCSO. It is a high quality department with good people. Their deputies do assist county/city police when they are out on the street. They have a special response team and canine unit and they participate in various task forces and special events. (There was one assigned to a high drug area with my agency for several years.)

MCSO is not the primary law enforcement agency in the county. If you want to work patrol, apply to MCPD or use MCSO as a stepping stone as my shift mates did.

The two chowderheads approved this message.
      John from Maryland

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. I recieved the packet and was actually shocked at alot of the questions, LoL (Ever have sex with a animal?) they are very in depth in the packet as far as history and character. Coming from NY the application process here is less intense but that may be because most applicants do come from the city and have maybe more of an "active" character, such is the same for NJ.

So is the Sheriff department more jail based and not really street oriented? What are the primary duties. My father lives in Maryland and tells me Montgomery county is highly selective?!
        WWW.FIRSTRESPONDERS911.NET

Comment

MCSO does not handle the jails. That is the function of a separate Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Services.

MCSO is court-oriented. They provide transportation of prisoners already in the corrections system, security of the circuit court, services of civil papers, service of circuit court arrest warrants, and related duties.

Many of these duties bring deputies out on the street. While the duties are not exactly that of county or city police, they are important and often dangerous missions (e.g.: serving circuit court arrest warrants, domestic violence protective orders, and emergency evaluation petitions). Moreover, when deputies are out and about, they frequently make traffic stops, back up other agencies, and respond to calls for service.

Most of the agencies in Montgomery County are highly selective, but it is not as if we have hundreds of absolutely qualified candidates knocking down our doors in 2008. If you think you're qualified and would like the job, you should continue the process. As Up_On_Base suggested, if you're worried about someting in your past or a medical condition, give their recruiters a call.
          John from Maryland

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4931 users online. 274 members and 4657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X