Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Maryland Baltimore Police Force

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by grd2326; 11-19-2011, 12:00 PM.
    "work harder ... millions on welfare depend on you"

Originally posted by grd2326 View Post
    University of Maryland Baltimore Police Force … I keep seeing the hiring ad for this department and was wondering if anyone knew if the department was just getting bigger or if there is a high turn-over rate of officers because of internal problems?

I also noticed there is a University of Maryland in Baltimore County, College Park, and Eastern Shore. Is the University of Maryland just one school with several campuses or is each campus it’s on independent university?

I am currently certified and work for a University PD up in Pennsylvania. If it is in fact just one school, does anyone know if I get hired at the Baltimore campus and for whatever reason I don’t like it there, can I transfer to one of the other campuses?
    The hiring ads you see are between turnover rate (Many people take advantage to the opportunity to become certified, and take courses at a discounted rate, then leave) and UMD wanting to increase its overall strength with the growth of the university.

I'm not sure about transfers because all three have separate chiefs and operate as independent agencies.

The only complaints I have head of are the usual university policing complaints (I'm sure you know enough about that considering that's what you are doing now).

Sorry I can't help more.

Comment

Their our 4 different University of Maryland Schools.
      1.) University of Maryland College Park (UMCP) (The Largest School)
      2.) University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES)
      3.) University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
      4.) University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) which is located in downtown Baltimore City. It is a graduate school only (Medical, Law, Dental, Social Work, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Med Tech)
      In Reference to your 1st question it is both their is some turn - over and are campus is expanding. The best benefit is the education benefit which gives you 8 credits of free tuition each semester to any state school in Maryland for you or your family (Spouse, or Children)
      In Reference to your 2nd Question the answer in NO All 4 University of Maryland Schools are separate and you can not transfer.
      For further inormation contact Sgt Green at 410-706-6882
      Last edited by umpolice7; 08-21-2008, 09:30 PM. Reason: ***

Comment

Originally posted by umpolice7 View Post
        Their our 4 different University of Maryland Schools.
        1.) University of Maryland College Park (UMCP) (The Largest School)
        2.) University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES)
        3.) University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
        4.) University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) which is located in downtown Baltimore City. It is a graduate school only (Medical, Law, Dental, Social Work, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Med Tech)
        In Reference to your 1st question it is both their is some turn - over and are campus is expanding. The best benefit is the education benefit which gives you 8 credits of free tuition each semester to any state school in Maryland for you or your family (Spouse, or Children)
        In Reference to your 2nd Question the answer in NO All 4 University of Maryland Schools are separate and you can not transfer.
        For further inormation contact Sgt Green at 410-706-6882
        It seems that you work for UM and was wondering if you could shed some light on the Baltimore Campus. What is the normal duties of an officer? Is it mostly letting forgetful professors into their classrooms/offices or is their time to be proactive? Do you have vehicles? If so, hows the equipment? I worked as a civlian for UM at CP and it was a squared away agency. I'm just based further north and not interested in locating near PG county at this time.

Comment

Equipment is very good and yes we do have vehicles (all have cameras) although we do have 1 foot post which is the area that surrounds Lexington Market (Paca street side)
          Although you do have a vehicle you are asked to get out and do periodic foot patrols to stay visible. There is 1 officer per shift assigned to the ER in the Hospital. We don’t handle much in the hospital they have the own Security(Special Police) but we will help them if they need assistance. You are free to make Vehicle Stops or Make Arrest’s as you see fit. we do not have many problems with Student or Staff as we are a graduate school. We have more problems with the elements around the University (We are not a closed off Campus) . We handle few "Let In's" for staff as we do not carry keys Maintenance must be notified.
          As I am a civilian employee you may want to talk further with an officer contact Sgt Green
          At 410-706-3400 or 410-706-6882

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6878 users online. 367 members and 6511 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X