300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retirement Plans

I was recently appointed to my Agency's Retirement Board (St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office)

I would like to obtain information from other agencies what there retirement packages are? Years, Percent, Pay In, etc. I just want to see where we rank around the state. I know we are not the best but hopefully we are far from the worst.

Here's our which recently changed: 25 years at 2.5% a year= 62.5 percent
    We pay in 8% of base pay. Also, you can get up to five years military credit at 2.5% a year. Plus unused sick leave at the time of retirement is counted towards your percentage. Usually it adds up to an extra year (2.5%)

If you don't mind sharing what your agencies is, I'd like to compare. I also searched previous threads for one of this nature but couldn't find anything.

We are on LEOPS
    Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
    -Ronald Reagan

Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They're just braver five minutes longer.
    -Ronald Reagan

Big Mak Attack AKA Big Mac Attack

Comment

What medical do you offer upon retirement? That to me is one of the most important benefits when one retires.
      Retired LASD

Comment

My agency has LEOPS and what you have sounds better. Some agencys in LEOPS are currently lobbying for a higher percentage at 25 years.

Comment

yeah, ours is ok for the agency size. I thing PGPD leads the way with 60% at 20 years. I'm just trying to compare us to agencies our size like Queen Anne, Laurel P.D., etc. I think Calverts is 58% at 25 years. Charles is 22 years but I don't know what the percentage is. I think MSP's is 22 years also but again I don't know what the percentage is or if they pay anything into it.

Comment

In PG we get 60% at 20 years and 85% at 30 years. If I were you I would check all of the agencies recruiting websites, they usually have retirement info posted.

Comment

Wow... 85% at 30 years! That's really good!
              Deus Caritas Est

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6486 users online. 363 members and 6123 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X