300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PG county ride along?

Im thinking of applying to PG county, and was looking on their website for a ride along but could not find anything. Do they have a form, or do I need to go to a station for one?

Thanks.
    "If you aint got no money take your broke a** home"

I would call the station and ask. Most agencies do not include ride-alongs on their sites.

What you will probably have to do is, if it's like how it is at my agency, is basically go into the station and fill out a form, then go through a background/criminal history check before being assigned to an officer for a ride.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

A ride along is actually required for the application process for PG (I'm almost all the way through). You will probably get the forms during your initial interview (step after written/PAT) so if you want to wait until then you can. If you want a ride along sooner, I'd say go to the district station you want to ride with and ask them there.

Comment

I did one years ago when I was going to lateral there, I think I had to go to the station and get the form.

Comment

A ride along is a part of the application preocess. When you advance to that step they will provide the information for you, I did mine after I met with Applicant Investigations Group (AIG). The officer with whom you ride will fill do an evaluation after the ride along is complete. If you want to ride prior to this go to the county website, the phone numbers and addresses for each district station are listed. It used to be a requirement for the ride to be done on a line station (Dist I, III, IV) on a friday or saturday evening shift. They changed this policy but I highly suggest that you try do to yours on a warm weekend night at a line station.

Comment

Each station has the form. It has to be approved through the station NCO. If you are in the hiring process, the background investigator will give you the paperwork and advise you how to set up your ride along. If you decide to go, I recommend going to a line station (borders DC) where you will usually see a lot more.
            Some people are like Slinkies...Not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5793 users online. 348 members and 5445 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X