Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MdTAP and Take-Homes

Thoughts? Opinions? Ideas?

I'm interested in lateralling to this agency, regardless of if take-homes are provided, however, it would be a HUGE benefit, esp if I have to drive from my home all the way to the City. Or at least have assigned cars, just park them after your shift, but you would be the ONLY officer driving it.

How realistic OR unrealistic is the chance of this occurring?

Thanks
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Very unlikely. The argument the State made against it was that you'd be taking a vehicle home where the officer had no jurisdiction. And with the economy as bad as it is, I don't see the State wanting to foot the bill for the gas and expense of providing several hundred cars to the troops. And assigned cars is probably not likely either. I'm not sure how parking is where the MDTA stations are but logistically it would seem difficult. Hope I didn't burst your bubble. Doesn't HDG have take home cars?

Comment

Yes, we do.

I'm looking for a bigger agency with a greater chance for promotion and advancement. beings that we only have about 40 officers, we don't really have any specialized units.

We have 2 Detectives, 1 K9 Officer, 5 or so bike officers, 1 Crash Recon. Officer, 1 Officer assigned to assist MdTA (Hatem) with Comm. Veh.. word is we are trying to get our own Crime Scene Unit, Commerical Vehicle Unit, SRT, and Motors. Dunno though.
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
          Unless if MDTA becomes the "highway patrol" of MD I don't see the take home happening.

I could see them taking more responsibility of central MD highways moving forward but not all of MD, that would be a big project.
          I'd really think the State Police Association would be against that.

Comment

I have been out of MD for a few years but I thought they were in the process of getting take homes. They have some of the best looking cars in the state. I went to law school with the chief so let me know if you want me to suggest it for you, haha

Comment

They were, but the deal got cut by O'Malley and Porcari

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Ya...don't hold your breath

Comment

Thats sucks, I know guys who went there years ago being told the cars were right around the corner...

Comment

Guy in my agency quit MdTAP when they announced they weren't getting them.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Airlinerd View Post
                      I'd really think the State Police Association would be against that.
                      they can be against it all they want, but MdTA has control of 95. They just choose to have MSP handle it.

Comment

This is something I just don't understand. Why do they contract out MSP to patrol 95 from White Marsh to the border? It doesn't seem cost effective at all. One thing I have noticed is that the tunnel has doubled maybe tripled their fleet of patrol vehicles. Any chance of them taking 95 over, or maybe they're building up for the ICC? Also their is a chance that some of the staffing could be cut from the airport. They'd need a place for all of those officers. Why not take I95 over from MSP? Just a thought.

Comment

Its very hard to justify take homes when you have very limited jurusdiction. Those guys would be making traffic stops in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Any Balto Co/Harford Co Agencies have takehomes besides HdG? I am moving back to MD and interested in a Cop job :-), with or without takehomes
                            Last edited by J2H; 09-17-2008, 08:29 PM. Reason: Added text
                            Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                            USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                            "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                            Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

Is HdG, Have De Grace? If so then you also have the Harford County Sherrifs who have take-homes. If you want to go south of Baltimore you can go to Howard, PG, Montgomery, or Anne Arundel all of which I believe have take-home vehicles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4530 users online. 237 members and 4293 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X