300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Schedule

How is it looking for the 4on/4off? Does it look like they'll switch the whole PD to it?

Originally posted by rtpd151 View Post
    How is it looking for the 4on/4off? Does it look like they'll switch the whole PD to it?
    its actually 4/3, and its not looking good. IMO.

Comment

Thats how it is here, too
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
      that we are all that stands between
      the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

It's not?! Man...that sucks. I really want to test with Bmore, but 6on/2off sounds horrible.

Comment

We have 6/2 here, as well.
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

How do you like it?

Comment

By the fourth night (I work midnights - 8am) I am exhausted and ready for a break. lol BUT, after 2yrs, I am used to it.

I Am the Sheepdog.

sigpic

Comment

I recently read an article about our schedules. For the life of me I cant remember what site it was on. It basically said that a report favoring the 4 day schedule was submitted to the commissioner. The good news is, it was seen a huge success overall and the drop in crime in the ND was said to be a direct result due to the overlapping shifts and increased presence. Also every single officer polled was in support of the schedule. Now the BAD news. Commissioner Bealefield probably wont let it go any further than the ND likely due to what else? Funding for the extra manpower needed to take this citywide. There is talk of maybe expanding it to one more District as a continuance of the "study".

Now like I said, I read this from a reputable site but this is all from memory. If I got something wrong, apologies in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Icekold View Post
                  I recently read an article about our schedules. For the life of me I cant remember what site it was on. It basically said that a report favoring the 4 day schedule was submitted to the commissioner. The good news is, it was seen a huge success overall and the drop in crime in the ND was said to be a direct result due to the overlapping shifts and increased presence. Also every single officer polled was in support of the schedule. Now the BAD news. Commissioner Bealefield probably wont let it go any further than the ND likely due to what else? Funding for the extra manpower needed to take this citywide. There is talk of maybe expanding it to one more District as a continuance of the "study".

Now like I said, I read this from a reputable site but this is all from memory. If I got something wrong, apologies in advance.

its the NED, not the ND. and that article was in both the sunpaper and on fop3.org, but rumor, from more than one source, is that the 4/3 has since been shot down.

Comment

That sucks. I work a 4 on/3 off now and love it, and Baltimore would be that much more appealing to me if they would make the switch. I can't imagine working 6 days in a row continuously.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5248 users online. 298 members and 4950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X