300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland Police

Any Officers from Portland Police out there. I'd like to know a bit more than what I found online.

Looks like a good department to work for.

I love Maine (spent my summers growing up there)but the PD's in Maine have awful pay.Portland is a nice little city BTW.

Comment

Portland is A nice little city, and it's basicly the largest population center in the state. Right now the PD may be going through some changes because Chief Burton is taking a job down in Texas (Odesa IIRC) and they are looking for a replacement. Portland basicly has all of the opportunities that you may want with the exception of no air unit, and I have heard that they disbanded the mounted unit.

As for pay, I work for an area agency and not PPD. In general the pay up here is adequate for the cost of living, is it the huge salaries that you see in some areas..? NO. But unlike a very large PD a few hours south of us, that has say 30,000 + officers, you are not eligable for food stamps on your base salary.

Stay Safe

Fyr
      Semper Fi
      Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Thanks Fyrdog, Infantry (0300)!

Semper Fi!

Comment

heheh....

I hope that info helped you out some, but I was not a REAL Marine as one of my cousins likes to tell me. I was an official USMC baked potatoe (7051).

Stay Safe,
          Fyr (USMC crash rescue)
          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4124 users online. 237 members and 3887 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X