• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you?

Maine people? Anyone around?

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze View Post
    Maine people? Anyone around?
    There's a handfull of us that you'll see on here on a semi-regular basis - me, RR Security, COASTIE01 (if he's still stationed here), mainedawg, and Resq14 come to mind. We're spread out all over the state, I live and work downeast. Where are you?

Comment

I'm around... Midcoast area.
      "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." ~ Sun Tzu

Comment

I don't live in Maine any more but I'm from there....grew up and went to school in northern Maine....lived and worked in central Maine.....I miss it!
        "Thats a pretty cool sidearm you got there....What is it?"
        "I don't know what its called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life"

Comment

Originally posted by gonefishin View Post
          I don't live in Maine any more but I'm from there....grew up and went to school in northern Maine....lived and worked in central Maine.....I miss it!
          Well, c'mon back. Or do you "dig them Georgia peaches" too much to leave?

Anyway, I'm on the Midcoast, too. Just watchin' all those Yuppie and Woopie* touroids in their fancy cars with out-of-state plates, as they use up gas and cause traffic jams.
          I haven't been on the forum much lately because of long hours on my new job. The money's good, and I keep telling myself it's not just for the touroids. It's not just for the touroids. It's not . . .
          Other than that and maybe a few other minor complaints, I can't imagine living anywhere else.

*Well-Off Older Person; the ones where, if the front plate says "Let Me Tell You About My Grandchildren," the back plate is prpbably from Florida.
          --
          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

A question

I wanted to ask if any of you guys could gave me some informations on Cumberland County Corrections/Sheriff's office. My brother is thinking about applying for the C/O position with them. What can he expect? Pay scales, cost of living, raises anything would be of great help.
            Thank you

Comment

Im in Portland.

CCSO pays really well for correctional officers. Its hard to describe cost of living, I huess it depends what youre used to. But Portlands a great place to live, i love it.

Comment

I am still stationed here. Work in Portland live near Sebago Lake. CCSO seem like a good place to work. A bunch of great people.
                R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

Comment

Thank you guys. i forgot to ask is there a PAT entrance exam runn, situps, pushups, reach and written exam to be hired? How long does the process take?

Comment

i live in saco, i just graduated from high school. im goin to smcc for criminal justice. and hopefully become a LEO somewhere in maine

Comment

Originally posted by viking81 View Post
                      Thank you guys. i forgot to ask is there a PAT entrance exam runn, situps, pushups, reach and written exam to be hired? How long does the process take?
                      yes there is, Its more flexable than academy standards, but you still you to do a PAT of some type.

Comment

Originally posted by viking81 View Post
                        i forgot to ask is there a PAT entrance exam runn, situps, pushups, reach and written exam to be hired?
                        Dunno if this is what you were asking, but there's a reading exam required to get into MCJA's Law Enforcement Preservice Course, often called the "100-hour course." That's the minimum for part-time/reserve officers; anyone who wouldn't work more than 1,040 hours in a calendar year.
                        The Alert Test (that reading comprehension/writing ability test) is required for the full time academy, too; probably for corrections courses as well. If I remember correctly, Maine's cutoff score is 70, but the Alert Test grading is some kind of weird math, so a 70 is actually kind of hard.
                        --
                        Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Well I work down in York county but I live near Sebago Lake.
                          Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Question 1. Yes there is a PAT, for specifics go to the Maine Criminal Justice Academy (MCJA) web site. CCSO requires all new hire CO's to pass the PAT, in their last contract there was a pay bonus for maintaining that physcial standard.

Question 2. You have to take the ALERT test prior to applying, it can be taken at SMCC in the portland area at the MCJA regional training office which is on campus. Minimum passing score is a 36 max is I belive a 76, most departments require a 45 to be considered for employment in this area.

Question 3. It varies on how many people they're hiring and the difficulty in doing your BI, I've never heard of it taking more than 2 months.

CCSO is a good agency, I have several friends who work there, I also know one officer who started their prior to taking a patrol postion with a mincipality and one of the officers on my dept. also started out with CCSO corrections. My aunt has also worked as a non-sworn employee with them for years and loves to work there. They all like working there, and the only reason the two officers I know left, was that they wanted patrol and the county had no openings.
                            Forti Fors Bona

Comment

Thank you. I contacted the Cumberland County office and they told me that they do not have PAT exam. I am going to call up the MCJA and ask for details and standards . ALERT test i can schedule any time as long as i pay $40.00 . I could not find anything about the minimum standards for the PAT. To be speciffic i could not find any numbers that need to be performed. I will be sending in my application arround August because in November i am finishing my second degre in criminal justice degree, i already have one in Mental Health And Human Services. I am working in the psych inpatient and DYS units since i was 18 with all ages from 3 to 70.

Another question do they have any rules about height /weight ratio or BMI scale?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4072 users online. 228 members and 3844 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X