300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Out-of-State Transfer

Anybody have insight on LA departments that hire out-of-state LEOs? Whether self-sponsored through supplemental academy or not.

Interested in a department that appreciates proactive police work and cops can be cops.

Currently a two year officer in Florida looking for new scenery. All info appreciated.

Pretty much all of them; you'll have to attend a full academy if you apply to LA State Police. 2 week refresher / out of state transfer academy for everywhere else. Just depends on where you want to settle down.

Comment

• Darts97
      Darts97 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Do you know where I could find info on the two week refresher? I’ve only been able to find the requirements but not where/how I can get it done. TIA

As far as I know you would need to be hired by an agency and they would send you to whatever training that is needed. I don’t know of any academies at least in the New Orleans area that allow you to self sponsor. Is there a particular area you are looking at? I work for an SO in the metro area and we can do as little or as much work as we want. I previously worked for Kenner PD which likes proactive officers. NOPD would require you to go through their academy just like LSP. Pretty much any agency in Jefferson Parish likes proactive work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4736 users online. 259 members and 4477 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X