300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenner PD

Looking to get back closer to home. Anyone have any idea if Kenner PD is still a good department to work for? I know housing is nuts everywhere in Louisiana, but are there any reasonable places to rent or buy in or around Kenner? How about good school districts in the area? I'd appreciate any feedback anyone can offer. Thanks.

Far as I know, Kenner PD is still a good agency to work for, along pay scales and equipment they are near the top of the list, I have a friend who has worked there in patrol since pre-Katrina, can't advise on housing or schools, but housing is expensive everywhere in south louisiana. We'll be glad to have you back and good luck.
    law dog

Comment

Thanks for the info. Also decided to apply with state police and Baton Rouge PD.

Comment

kenner is a good bunch of guys. dunno how undermanned they are at the moment.
        Last edited by GIPD; 06-04-2007, 10:56 PM.
        My dog can find your HONOR STUDENT when he's lost in the woods
        ~~
        If dogs dont go to heaven, then I want to go where they go.

Comment

Hey big,Kenner is still good (if not better) than before.A friend of mine was recently elected the new chief there,they are the best paid ,and equipped,thing is they are civil service so you need to check on available test dates.Tell princess hi.
          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Id try St. charles parish its right outside of kenner great school nice area on destrehan you can find cheaper than city rent and housing and of course my parish is awesome we just got a raise and the sheriff is a great guy. Lafourche parish lpso.net but St. Charles pays better I live in thibodaux the school seem ok but ive only been here 3 years and dont have any school age children.
            ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
              Hey big,Kenner is still good (if not better) than before.A friend of mine was recently elected the new chief there,they are the best paid ,and equipped,thing is they are civil service so you need to check on available test dates.Tell princess hi.
              Good to see you're still around. I'm probably going to take the test in July at the test date in Lafayette. As soon as I get this darn house sold, I'm out of here! Princess and the kiddies have been there for about 2 weeks or so. They're going to stay down there until I move us for good. We'll have to get together again. Bring the wife this time!

Comment

I still think LSP pays more then KPD, but believe KPD is #2. Jefferson Parish is fast approaching also, with all the recent raises and you gotta factor in the take home car that you can use off duty and transport civilians.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5891 users online. 349 members and 5542 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X