300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPD Lateral

Hey y’all, looking at maybe doing a lateral move to NOPD and have a few questions if anyone can answer them. Does NOPD require laterals to go through the academy again? I’ve heard yes and I’ve heard no. Do any years of prior LE transfer over or do you start at the bottom just like everyone else? Does NOPD offer any incentives to laterals?

You will have to go through their full academy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2A633 View Post
      Hey y’all, looking at maybe doing a lateral move to NOPD and have a few questions if anyone can answer them. Does NOPD require laterals to go through the academy again? I’ve heard yes and I’ve heard no. Do any years of prior LE transfer over or do you start at the bottom just like everyone else? Does NOPD offer any incentives to laterals?
      There is no lateral program, you can be hired as a Police Officer if you have 2 years of prior experience not including academy time. The experience must be in either patrol or investigations, time served as a bailiff, court officer, jailer etc does not count even if you held a full peace officer certification. Prior experience may be taken into account for special assessments, but any promotion to a civil service classification (Senior Police Officer, Sergeant) requires you have the requisite time in grade.

Comment

• 2A633
        2A633 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. I’d be coming on with about 4 years of patrol experience. I was hoping I wouldn’t need to go through the academy again but since I would have to go through the academy again, I might as well try for state.

So did you get hired??

Comment

• 2A633
        2A633 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn’t apply.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6025 users online. 305 members and 5720 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X