300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPD hiring process

Does anyone know about how long the process of getting hired for an out of state guy takes in the NOPD?

That's a good question blackwaterops. I have the same question, but, it looks like we'll have to pick up the phone and talk to a recruiter.

My biggest concern is housing. The crime stuff doesn't bother me, as long as there is reasonable back up.

Can anyone speak to the conditions of patroling in NO?

Comment

62 murders already this year? they need almost 250 more officers to get back to prior katriana numbers and about 100 to get where they want to be.

Due to those numbers they are going to higher anyone they can.

Alot of people area leaving due to interdepartmental problems.

Theres alot of places in louisisna with better pay and benefits that need the help
      sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

I have numerous occasions to be in New Orleans, the police presence there is pitiful, i drive thru the city backward and forward and don't even see a cop, yet when a killing occurs, they are everywhere on camera, as far as hiring, they don't have enough money, you have no backup from rank, you do something, you are on your own, someone accuses you, you're done, and you have to live in the city,, no thanks
        law dog

Comment

Originally posted by patroldog View Post
          I have numerous occasions to be in New Orleans, the police presence there is pitiful, i drive thru the city backward and forward and don't even see a cop, yet when a killing occurs, they are everywhere on camera, as far as hiring, they don't have enough money, you have no backup from rank, you do something, you are on your own, someone accuses you, you're done, and you have to live in the city,, no thanks
          you dont have to reside in the city anymore. having said that you need your head examined if you wanna come to work here.

Comment

Do any of you believe it to be true that the prosecutors have it in for NOPD? If not NOPD, then what other areas would you suggest (Pay, benefits, cost of living, etc.)
            Crime doesn't bother me, but, not getting backed up by the brass and having no back up... uhh....NO. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
              Do any of you believe it to be true that the prosecutors have it in for NOPD? If not NOPD, then what other areas would you suggest (Pay, benefits, cost of living, etc.)
              Crime doesn't bother me, but, not getting backed up by the brass and having no back up... uhh....NO. Thanks
              Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office has a ton of opportunities. You have to deal with no civil service protection, but some dont mind that at all. Kenner P.D. is another top notch agency in the new orleans area that seems to be the highest paid and they seem to have some great toys.

Comment

St. Tammany Parish S.O. is also a good alternative to NOPD. We're about 20 minutes from the city. We just went up to 39k, including supplemental pay. The city of Slidell is becoming like the next N.O. East, so you'll experience the whole range of crime. But unlike NOPD, you have a Sheriff and department that backs you 100%.

Comment

I worked in new orleans with Blackwater I didn't mind the city, but I think Im starting to change my mind. I sm going through a couple of departments on the west coast right now, I just love Louisiana

Comment

you can come work with me...haha Baton rouge PD...it is getting out the box now to tho
                    sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

Nopd

Forget NOPD, its a political mess with no foreseeable solution to benefit the working cop, only the very high brass reap the rewards, everyone else, fagitaboutit. NOPD has its own academy, they don't care if you are P.O.S.T. certified, have been in law enforcement for 10 years in street patrol, you still have to go through their school, must be a profit in it for someone. Be a cop in nowheresville, anyplace USA, but NOT in New Orleans.
                      law dog

Comment

Originally posted by patroldog View Post
                        Forget NOPD, its a political mess with no foreseeable solution to benefit the working cop, only the very high brass reap the rewards, everyone else, fagitaboutit. NOPD has its own academy, they don't care if you are P.O.S.T. certified, have been in law enforcement for 10 years in street patrol, you still have to go through their school, must be a profit in it for someone. Be a cop in nowheresville, anyplace USA, but NOT in New Orleans.
                        Haha I guess I wont be applying there anytime soon thanks for the replies!

Comment

Originally posted by Foggysouth View Post
                          St. Tammany Parish S.O. is also a good alternative to NOPD. We're about 20 minutes from the city. We just went up to 39k, including supplemental pay. The city of Slidell is becoming like the next N.O. East, so you'll experience the whole range of crime. But unlike NOPD, you have a Sheriff and department that backs you 100%.
                          Damn right they are getting better,Boo Boo needs to stop stealing all the deputies from surrounding agencies though.
                          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Yeah, Boo Boo is recruiting pretty hard from the surrounding areas. But it's nice to get people with experience on your shift, rather than none at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Foggysouth View Post
                              Yeah, Boo Boo is recruiting pretty hard from the surrounding areas. But it's nice to get people with experience on your shift, rather than none at all.
                              Wouldn't know they come outta Slidell work 3 months and jump the line
                              Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9398 users online. 356 members and 9042 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X