Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my email for the PT test I made it through last time but did not get selected for class 98 how many time does it usually take before you get selected

Comment

• saintcajun78
      saintcajun78 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bglassco, to answer your question there is no specific amount of times before you get selected. Some people get selected 1st time up some never get the selection. Bottom line is each Troop will review the list of candidates that applied and pick the nominees they feel best meets their selection criteria. My suggestion to you is don't give up if you really want this. But if you find yourself not getting selected for a 2nd or 3rd time do some self-reflection and possibly see if you can't get some feedback from the troop you were applying for or seek out someone who is currently a Trooper for guidance and feedback.

I made it through everything but after you get through all the qualifications stuff you have to get selected for the class they only have so many spots. I think last time they had 200 people qualify for only 50 spots in class. I did not get selected for the class and got roll d back into qualifying for the next class

Comment

• CZ100
      CZ100 commented
      Editing a comment
      So you have to do everything all over again: PT, Oral, Background, and Poly?

I know I have to do PT and oral not sure about the rest

Comment

• bac725@sbcglobal.net
      Editing a comment
      when you took the physical test and ran the mile and a half, is it on a track or some random trail you run on

• saintcajun78
      saintcajun78 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm pretty sure you will have to go through the whole gambit other than the entry exam again.

It wasn't on a track when I took it last time. They had some cones set up on a dirt/shell road near the shooting range at JESTC. Also, they do the run first and then pushups and sit-ups. I think the order threw some people off, they went too hard on the run and then had trouble with the sit-ups.

Comment

• saintcajun78
      saintcajun78 commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah doing the run prior to the push-ups and sit-ups would make that portion more tough. You use up a lot of your glycogen stores during the run which would take away from your muscular endurance for the push-ups and sit-ups. I hope everyone was practicing their PUs and SUs and striving to beat the minimum requirements by a lot. If you strive for just the minimums you may have a bad day come test time. I see it happen in the Air Force quite a bit for folks who try to just hit the minimums. (which are higher than LSPs minimums)

• J2H
      J2H commented
      Editing a comment
      That's part of why I got out... they changed the requirements on me since I joined in 2004. Now I work for the Feds (0083) and though required to only hit 19 pushups, I push harder and give them 20!

Alright for those who tested today, how did it go?

Comment

• bac725@sbcglobal.net
      Editing a comment
      I didnt test today but for some reason they cancelled one of the possible 4 test times. I wonder if thats cause they got less people than they thought. They didnt add another possible time either

What happened to slcool? Looks like all his post were removed.

Comment

I guess, figured he would chime in since he was supposed to test on the 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by Bglassco View Post
      I made it through everything but after you get through all the qualifications stuff you have to get selected for the class they only have so many spots. I think last time they had 200 people qualify for only 50 spots in class. I did not get selected for the class and got roll d back into qualifying for the next class
      I can tell you this, they usually will take those who have LE Experience 1st. I work the Superdome/Saints Games/Pelicans Games with a couple of troopers and they said the LSP prefers hiring those with prior LE Experience as one put it "You guys train them and we poach them"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6942 users online. 251 members and 6691 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X