300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Use True Blue Drew Book

I was just wondering if any of you guys use this book. I'm trying to learn criminal code and wondered what you thought of it.

Very very late to this post

but its an excellent book its well worth the money

Comment

never heard of it... I just have a big ole book with all the criminal stuff and motor vehicle info that my office gave to me

Comment

Its a good book for the agencies that do not supply their officers with criminal law book, etc. Its worth the $45 I think its costs. You won't learn all the criminal codes from that book, but it does give you primes examples of the most used codes for arrests, etc.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Its a very good supplement to the West Law Title 14,32,40 etc. book. Judge Drew is a helluva judge and quite a character.
          "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

I have the book, have to agree, it wont teach you all of the codes, but pretty good book all the same. I went through one of his classes and the book was only $25.00 that way.

Comment

Yea went through his class last year. Judge Drew is a funny guy and smart as hell. Our Dept sprung for the book so I dont know how much it cost. The book is a great tool to have. keep it in my bag all the time. If you get a chance to go to one of his classes its worth it.
              Always remember Fallen heroes Jay Carruth and David Ezernack. Shot to death FEB 2003 in a SWAT warrant served. My friends you are not forgotten.

Comment

My dad is a recently retired LEO from St. Charles and JPSO... he HIGHLY recommended this to me, and as I flip through it I know why... Judge Drew makes it so easy...if something's unclear, there's a little message right beside it....

It'll be nice having a respected judge's opinion making day-to-day decisions. The one I have is from '99 I believe... when I become a full timer, I'll definitely buy a new one.

Comment

Y'all are probly aware of this, but there's also a Law Enforcement Handbook put out by the Lousiana District Attorney's Association... might help some more of the new guys out as far as legal boundaries go...

Comment

alot of the handbook is procedural type stuff, its a good resource.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5041 users online. 308 members and 4733 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X