Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting New Orleans

Hi guys,

I am a officer from NZ and visiting New Orleans next week 18 June to Sunday 22nd.

I dont have a lot of time there, but I would like perhaps to see a Police car, and maybe get some good tips on where to take my 9 y/o daughter for a days activities.

I would like to some Mississippi type sightseeing.

Any reccomendations on good places to eat, perhaps around Bourbon st? Though someone else said even in the day its no good for kids.

Cheers

-Al

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
    Hi guys,

I am a officer from NZ and visiting New Orleans next week 18 June to Sunday 22nd.

I dont have a lot of time there, but I would like perhaps to see a Police car, and maybe get some good tips on where to take my 9 y/o daughter for a days activities.

I would like to some Mississippi type sightseeing.

Any reccomendations on good places to eat, perhaps around Bourbon st? Though someone else said even in the day its no good for kids.

Cheers

-Al
    I'll send you a PM tomorrow when I'm back at my desktop. There are plenty of great things for kids in NOLA, you just need to know where to look.

Comment

Thanks heaps. We are doing a few days in Baton Rouge too.

I really look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Do the aquarium and/or a 2-3 hr riverboat tour on the natchez. days in the fq are kid friendly. there is also a cool kids museum in the warehouse district, not far from from the fq.

Comment

Ok Thanks TXICE.

Dream34 has given some great advice too.

Comment

Im sure he will also give you the "Where Not To Go" list also. Stay safe while visiting!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roller2200 View Post
              Im sure he will also give you the "Where Not To Go" list also. Stay safe while visiting!!
              We are going to Baton Rouge too for a few days but havent yet made contact with anyone there - if you know of someone.

About to book a hotel but something must be on because very full!

-Al

Comment

Jehova witness convention in New Orleans. Probably all gone by now though.

Comment

If your going to be between Baton Rouge and New Orleans you have to check out http://m.middendorfsrestaurant.com/.

I would also recommend Landry's in New Orleans. The Zoo in new Orleans is nice, and the insectarium.

While in BR you should check out the Downtown area plenty to do. However I think your most fun will be between the two cities. If you go to the seafood place above theres airboat swamp tours. This time of year those will be HOT but a blast.

Also I work for Baton Rouge P.D. I wont be able to link up this weekend (sorry about that), but if you walk around Downtown its very safe as long as you stay between Government Street and Laurel Street. Don't go any further north of Laurel, or south of Government at night. Its not a place you really have to worry about, but minor thefts, purse snatchings, and things like that occur. There are plenty of cops downtown that will be more than willing to talk with you as long as they aren't busy. Theres also a substation at the intersection of Convention/Third Street that you can walk into and shoot the breeze (that station is only operational during the day, and let them know your a cop just checking out the area).

If you want to bring the kids to the manship theatre there's some Disney show going on. here is the link for everything going on downtown....http://www.downtownbatonrouge.org/playweekend.asp.

While your in BR if your downtown your pretty safe. If you outside of downtown, and anywhere north of Florida Blvd you need to keep ya senses up. Anything south is pretty fine as long as its day time. Theres a small gap between LSU and Downtown that you would want to stay on the main roads at night, but if you aren't looking for trouble youll rarely find it. Not to many innocent victims in BR.
                  I hope this helps you, and I hope you enjoy yourself in Louisiana.
                  sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

I will also be visiting from mid July to mid August. I'll be at the Marine Corps base. I work at NYPD. I plan on bringing a bunch of patches if I run into any cops down there.

Comment

Originally posted by 250 View Post
                      I will also be visiting from mid July to mid August. I'll be at the Marine Corps base. I work at NYPD. I plan on bringing a bunch of patches if I run into any cops down there.
                      I was working one night in our DT area and met some NYPD. Those guys told me they didn't want to go home lol. They couldn't believe the alcohol laws here.
                      sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5109 users online. 315 members and 4794 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X