300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPD Recruits & 1st Academy 2014

I would be interested in hearing from others in process and if you have already been cleared-to-hire and are waiting for the first 2014 academy, it would be great to hear from you.
    Last edited by Mzansi; 05-05-2014, 07:37 PM.

6 months - 1 year is the average period in which to properly vet an applicant...especially large departments. Congrats on your successful hiring and good luck in your career.

Comment

As of now there are 17 recruits hired and awaiting the start of an academy class, ideally they want 30 recruits per class. I was told yesterday that regardless of how many recruits they have the next academy class will start at the end of May.

Comment

A department message was just sent out announcing the orientation for Class 170, on Monday, May 19, 2014. Those of you who are in the class should have been notified by now.

Comment

Originally posted by dream34 View Post
          A department message was just sent out announcing the orientation for Class 170, on Monday, May 19, 2014. Those of you who are in the class should have been notified by now.
          I went in for my background and drug test on April 15th...does that mean I didn't pass the background? It's the waiting that kills me. If I didn't get the job, fine...at least notify me in a timely manner

Comment

Originally posted by al_burr View Post
            I went in for my background and drug test on April 15th...does that mean I didn't pass the background? It's the waiting that kills me. If I didn't get the job, fine...at least notify me in a timely manner
            Sounds like you are just starting the process. The background interview and the drug testing are just the start of the background investigation. The BI usually takes on average 180 days, so you have much waiting to do. I did my interview/drug test in early December and did not hear back until mid April. Good luck with the process.

Comment

I heard talk of getting rid of the 60 College hour/ 2 years Active Duty Military requirement, anyone know anything about it?

Comment

I heard same thing. If they do, it will prob be a while before they do it.

Comment

The civil service just updated the qualification, they added guard/reserve time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there a reason why the residency requirement was lifted? Is NOPD in need of many new recruits?
                    I'm looking for a department but nobody's willing to hire me.

Comment

Yes "Rakh" they are in need of officers. Many officers. 500+. Check out their website. I believe its Joinnopd.org

Comment

What questions are asked on the background prescreen?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7913 users online. 406 members and 7507 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X