300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JPSOrecruit is now JPSOdefective....

So I called JP because he we hadn't talked in a while, we use to chat daily at 0'dark thirty, then I didn't hear from him for a while. I called, nothing, no answer, I sent text......no response. He hadn't been on the board hardly. Hmmmmm, I hope he didn't let Master P shoot him over there....Wonder if he's alright. So I try to reach him about once a month and on one recent occassion he answered (well I feel honored now).
    Come to find out shortly before I put in for detective he did also........and got it. To give him some anonymity I'll refrain from which section he is in, but he gets to work some good cases. So he goes on to rub in my face complaining how he misses his cruiser over his unmarked and griping about having to wear casual dress to work now...blah, blah, blah (oh real problems there JP )

Anyways, our buddy has moved on to another chapter in his career and I have to say I'm pretty happy for him
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

And so another one bites the dust.It is a shame to waste such good cops.

Anyone remember the movie Braveheart when Mel screams out????

PATROL!!!!!
    Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Thanks guys, it's like being a rookie all over again!
      In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Well, I'm back in the running for another Detective spot, we'll see how this one goes, we have a bunch of openings coming in other detective sections soon, I'll keep running until I cross the line first! I will admit that Patrol is where it is. Thats where the fun will come from. All the action will be on patrol, all the first on scene adenaline is on Patrol. Detectives get there and inteview handcuffed suspects in a controlled enviroment (most of the time). But I have to admit I love the investigative process a lot. I get the same adrenaline rush getting a case from initial to arrest or warrant and closing it out. Problem is in patrol you have maybe an hour to do that and if you can't accomplish that then you have to hand over your work to a detective to pick it up. I'd like to work without the "need to get 10-8" clock ticking.

JP, you still loving it bro? what do you like best about your new position?
        Last edited by creolecop; 08-10-2011, 07:31 AM.

Comment

He may not have time,they are having an average 2 30s a day lately.Watching the morning news right now they are live at LaQuinta in Metairie with a 30.Is he still in the 3rd or did they transfer his districts,this would be the 1st.
          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
            He may not have time,they are having an average 2 30s a day lately.Watching the morning news right now they are live at LaQuinta in Metairie with a 30.Is he still in the 3rd or did they transfer his districts,this would be the 1st.
            What's new? they are butt right up to Louisiana's armpit after a hot day of mowing grass.
            Not sure if he got moved or not.

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
              Well, I'm back in the running for another Detective spot, we'll see how this one goes, we have a bunch of openings coming in other detective sections soon, I'll keep running until I cross the line first! I will admit that Patrol is where it is. Thats where the fun will come from. All the action will be on patrol, all the first on scene adenaline is on Patrol. Detectives get there and inteview handcuffed suspects in a controlled enviroment (most of the time). But I have to admit I love the investigative process a lot. I get the same adrenaline rush getting a case from initial to arrest or warrant and closing it out. Problem is in patrol you have maybe an hour to do that and if you can't accomplish that then you have to hand over your work to a detective to pick it up. I'd like to work without the "need to get 10-8" clock ticking.

JP, you still loving it bro? what do you like best about your new position?
              I'm enjoying it, just different. Wearing a blouse(my Marine Corps days), slacks and a tie to work will never be normal to me. I must say that I love that gumshoe police work, where you get a piece of evidence and go from there and make a case. Oh, and the best part is the interrogation! God I love interrogating suspects now, it's such a difference doing it in sealed off room with just you and the perp, compared to out on the street like on patrol. I've definitely learned a lot, but I do miss patrol My heart will always be with my boys in the 3rd.

@ Mav, that's actually in the 4th district. We almost got even numbers on our 30's when comparing westbank to eastbank, just a few shy from each other. Now that is scary!
              In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10668 users online. 417 members and 10251 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X