300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nopd

What can some locals tell this out-of-towner about the current state of affairs at NOPD? I can read the news and all of that and I realize Katrina was nearly 6 years ago now so I'm wondering how morale is with the "new" Superintendent and the DOJ investigations. It's a beautiful and unique city and I wish it continued success in its recovery.

PM's are welcome.

I am also wondering how the morale is, I was interested in heading out that way. Does anybody know when their next academy is, and on average the time from application to hire. I am a little nervous to post here since I know how you guys treat out-of-towners, so try not to bash me too much.
    Nothing worth having comes easy...earn it

Comment

Oh c'mon, give us a break. We try to treat everyone fair and exceptionally cordial to all except that trash from Califor.......ooops, did I actually hit the "post reply" button??

Never mind

Comment

Originally posted by LAChief View Post
        Oh c'mon, give us a break. We try to treat everyone fair and exceptionally cordial to all except that trash from Califor.......ooops, did I actually hit the "post reply" button??

Never mind
        Better than some "locals" treat their comrades!!,,check your phone dingleberry,you have about a week old text.

Original question,the search feature is your friend,we only have 1 some time poster on here from NOPD,BUT moral is low,indictments are high,and get to go can take anywhere from 6 months to a year.
        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
          Better than some "locals" treat their comrades!!,,check your phone dingleberry,you have about a week old text.
          You not the first to report that. My phone craqpped out over a week ago, and I have lost txts, and now just looking, I noticed that your (along with quite a few others) phone number is missing.
          Last edited by LAChief; 06-10-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KYBoSoxFan View Post
            It's a beautiful and unique city
            Are you talking about New Orleans, LOUISIANA or the original Orleans?

Unique, yes........... Beautiful Have you ever been to that place? Beautiful is NOT the word I'd use to describe the old crescent city. Get away from the French Quarter which is a tiny portion of the city and see the other 95%.............it's a zhit hole to put it nicely

The schools?????? I'd send my kids to a madrassa before I'd send them to a public school in New Orleans. Hope you can afford private schooling if you have children, but if you don't want to live in the hood you likely won't have much left for private school.
            Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Thanks for all of info guys. I guess I'm just one of the typical, clueless out-of-towners who doesn't know much about anything in the Bayou State. I assumed the schools would be questionable but thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

Hhhhhhhhhh

Comment

7 year old thread revived, interesting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3379 users online. 207 members and 3172 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X