Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Matt
    replied
    I did not want to say it but I hate sex crimes, granted one of the most rewarding episodes in my career involved catching a child molester, but it is truly emotionally exhausting.

Robbery / Burglary is the way to go, fun stuff but usually no baggage.

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
    For what its worth, I absolutely LOVE doing property crime. I've had to pull a couple of sex assaults and they suck. I prefer to chase burglars. Its much more fun. Good luck!
    Actually I love working burglaries and thefts also. I get all geeked up when I'm able to solve a burglary and make an arrest and recover the goods it's about the same for me as a catch after a pursuit. The good thing about Sex crimes is most all your cases you win will put a perp away for a loooong time.

Leave a comment:

• SRT936
    replied
    Originally posted by creolecop View Post
    B&T have a bunch of spots coming open so we'll see.
    For what its worth, I absolutely LOVE doing property crime. I've had to pull a couple of sex assaults and they suck. I prefer to chase burglars. Its much more fun. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• PaxSR9
    replied
    Well, it sounds like all kinds of doors are opening for you. Hopefully you will have your pick of positions.

Leave a comment:

• imtherookie
    replied
    Everything happens for a reason...as long as you remember that you'll get over it. Check your inbox.

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Well, word came out today, I had a second interview which meant it came down to 4 of us but I didn't get it. However, all was for nothing, B&T and Violent Crimes are interested in me as well as sex crimes advised they would like for me to continue applying. All the divisions a are involved and present in the interview even though the position is for a particular bureau. B&T have a bunch of spots coming open so we'll see. Gonna keep grinding away at it.
    Sorry, but it sounds like many divisions have their eyes on you in the department.

ps

I loved the story about the dog in the picture lol

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Well, word came out today, I had a second interview which meant it came down to 4 of us but I didn't get it. However, all was for nothing, B&T and Violent Crimes are interested in me as well as sex crimes advised they would like for me to continue applying. All the divisions a are involved and present in the interview even though the position is for a particular bureau. B&T have a bunch of spots coming open so we'll see. Gonna keep grinding away at it.

@ Rookie, I was a handler. When I was at the PD the dog in the picture was my personal dog that I imported and trained myself from 10weeks old. I sold her to the city for $1.00 on a contract and worked her on the road until they bought me another dog (had to wait 8mo for the new budget). I purchased her back for $1.00 when they bought me another dog and she went back to my personal dog. She was already on 5 odors and had far more work than the typical police K9, all I had to do was take her to USK9 unlimited in Kaplan and we certified as a dual purpose team. Up until about 4yrs ago I use to import about 2 at a time, train them and then sell them through various brokers that had contracts with depts. The one in the picture was my "demo" dog, but I got away from it and sold her before she got to old to a Sheriff's Office in GA. She was turning 5 and was driving me nuts because I wasn't working her anymore so she fought with her food bowl all day everyday barking at it for hours as she tried to flush it out of corners and everything, it was pathetic so I relented and let her go so she could work. She was AWESOME!!!!
    Last edited by creolecop; 07-05-2011, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• imtherookie
    replied
    Creole whats up with the pic? You were a dog handler or thats just your personal dog?

Leave a comment:

• jcioccke
    replied
    Any word?

Leave a comment:

• LAChief
    replied
    Oh yes, I'm back....better than ever!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HofoK_QQxGc

Leave a comment:

• creolecop
    replied
    Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
    God help us all,he is back.
    LOL, I just noticed his post, LOL!! yep he's back

Leave a comment:

• mavriktu
    replied
    Originally posted by LAChief View Post
    CC you might as well stay on patrol. You are more effective as a patrol deputy plus I can't see them putting a "country redneck" in that position.........position requires a certain amount of class..LOL!
    God help us all,he is back.

Leave a comment:

• LAChief
    replied
    CC you might as well stay on patrol. You are more effective as a patrol deputy plus I can't see them putting a "country redneck" in that position.........position requires a certain amount of class..LOL!

Leave a comment:

• bikecop136
    replied
    I hear ya. I just made Detective myself in March after working nights and street crimes unit for my close too 8 years here. I am enjoying it and glad that I got selected. Good luck Brother, you will enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• imtherookie
    replied
    Could be like me I interviewed for a spot got it, moved to the division, but still havent gotten by 4 legged friend to go along with it. Been over 6 months still no pup

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4226 users online. 248 members and 3978 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X