300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lafayette P.D.

Just looking to see if anybody has any inside info on the hiring situation in Lafayette. I know they were/are in a hiring frezze but wondering if they were hiring soon. Have sent a couple of e-mails and phones calls with no response. Have had application at dept. for almost a year. Just seeing if yall think they are not contacting because they are not hiring or what?

Thanks, Guys.
    GEAUX SAINTS hopefully

Lafayette PD is constantly hiring. Best thing to do is go up there in person. NEVER just send an app in the mail, you'll just get lost in the pile. I'v applied to several depts and have worked for two (that includes my current). I'v basically had my choice of dept. I have been offered a job by every single dept I have ever applied to, to include Macon, GA and Atlanta PD. GO UP THERE AND TALK TO THEM IN PERSON. People remember faces and impressions rather than mail ;-)
    Last edited by creolecop; 05-24-2011, 01:03 AM.
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Originally posted by cajunhamm View Post
      Just looking to see if anybody has any inside info on the hiring situation in Lafayette. I know they were/are in a hiring frezze but wondering if they were hiring soon. Have sent a couple of e-mails and phones calls with no response. Have had application at dept. for almost a year. Just seeing if yall think they are not contacting because they are not hiring or what?

Thanks, Guys.
      GEAUX SAINTS hopefully

Did you even take the Civil Service test? As suggested, go in person. They have never stopped their hiring.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Have any info about the small towns around Lafayette (Youngsville, Broussard, Scott..)

Comment

....what about them?
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Good agencies to work for? Call volume? Supervisors? Pay?

Comment

Youngsville's chief I believe got arrested for DWI recently, Scott has like 3 full time officers, had a friend work for Broussard and left there a LT due to the small town politics. The stories he had was unbelievable. I have nothing against tiny departments or tiny towns, their officers on any given day at any minute could face the same life and death situation as a NYPD cop. However, the daily BS of everyone being related, or went to school with such and such, or my kids spend the night at the chief's house with his kids gets in the way of unbiased application of the law. I can't stand that kind of stuff. It happens in every dept but when you go to 3 cop towns its part of the daily grind there. Don't think the pay is all that. I know the call volumn in Scott and Youngsville is mostly alarm calls according to a friend who worked at Scott a couple of years ago.

Comment

[QUOTE=creolecop;2776177]Youngsville's chief I believe got arrested for DWI recently, QUOTE]

It was the Asst. Chief. Case still pending.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

[QUOTE=cajunguy;2776189]
                  Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                  Youngsville's chief I believe got arrested for DWI recently, QUOTE]

It was the Asst. Chief. Case still pending.

ahh, T-4

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                    Did you even take the Civil Service test? As suggested, go in person. They have never stopped their hiring.
                    Yeah I took it back in 2010 in Sulphur. Did everything they told me to do. He did tell me that they were in a hiring freeze in August of 2010. I have tried to check in with them but get no response.

Comment

Yeah I took it back in 2010 in Sulphur. Did everything they told me to do. He did tell me that they were in a hiring freeze in August of 2010. I have tried to check in with them but get no response.
                      I would go up there and talk to a recruiter in person. July is the new budget year for most agencies, Lafayette is constantly hiring if they advised you they are in a freeze, don't think freeze like elsewhere around the country, a freeze to them would be 90days or something like that possibly. If they told you that in august 2010, I would just about bet the farm they are hiring again and have likely hired since you last spoke to them.

Comment

Just got a call for the recruiter from Lafayette P.D. and the academy starts in August. If you didn't start the process already you wont make this academy.
                        Last edited by NewRecruit89; 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NewRecruit89 View Post
                          Just got a call for the recruiter from Lafayette P.D. and the academy starts in August. If you didn't start the process already you want make this academy.
                          You still going for BRPD? You applied with Lafayette PD is why you got the call?

Comment

You still going for BRPD? You applied with Lafayette PD is why you got the call?
                            I applied for Lafayette Police Dept. and the recruiter called me back stating that the process for the August academy has already started. He also inform me that the next academy starts in November and he would process my info if I was still interested. Yes I'm also going for BRPD as well.
                            Last edited by NewRecruit89; 06-15-2011, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Keep us in the loop on the process

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10630 users online. 425 members and 10205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X