300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signal 20

Damn SOB done hit me yesterday. I had to stop bc of the van infront of me stopped.......but that other guy behind me I guess didnt pay attention because the SOB done hit me hard. His skid marks must have been like 60 feet. Oh well if your with NOPD and from the 5th please PM me I need some info from the officer that I didnt get.

will post pics later today.
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

My back is still a little bit sore. So I tried calling up the NationWide people wondering if his insurance is fake, company says that not all the numbers are there.......either the officer didnt write down all the numbers for me or that driver just got one over on the officer. The driver gave the officer a photocopy of some faxed insurance stuff.....only time will tell to see if his insurance is fake or not.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
        Damn SOB done hit me yesterday. I had to stop bc of the van infront of me stopped.......but that other guy behind me I guess didnt pay attention because the SOB done hit me hard. His skid marks must have been like 60 feet. Oh well if your with NOPD and from the 5th please PM me I need some info from the officer that I didnt get.

will post pics later today.
        Eman, thats it ? The minor damage shown in the van pic ?? Get with Mav, he'll tell you about a real rear end collision.
        law dog

Comment

Originally posted by patroldog View Post
          Eman, thats it ? The minor damage shown in the van pic ?? Get with Mav, he'll tell you about a real rear end collision.
          You mean the one where your rear end passed your front end(and I beleive is still going?),your fault,NEVER let a rookie roll code while behind you.
          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

sorry to hear about your wreck, maybe things are okay with the insurance...hope so for ya.
            It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
            Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
              You mean the one where your rear end passed your front end(and I beleive is still going?),your fault,NEVER let a rookie roll code while behind you.
              Nope, gotta disagree with you on that, NOT MY FAULT, you can't sit there and tell me you have never had a rook running code behind you, he displayed no signs prior of the possibility of what happened would occur, just one of those things.
              law dog

Comment

I wanna see pics.

Comment

So I called NOPD records trying to talk to someone for a report. Man its hard to get a copy..............

Comment

E, I thought because NOPD handwrites reports it takes 30days for a report? When I lived in N.O. (when I was stupid, LOL!) it was 30days for a report as I recall.

E, this wreck took place on duty in a duty vehicle right? why do you have to get the report wouldn't yalls insurance section take care of that?
                    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Im not sure how long it would take. I got 2 Lt' s on me asking where the report is. I'm about to get desk duty until that report comes and that would suck.

Comment

30 days for a report?? Hell we still hand write all of our reports including our wrecks and if nothing goes wrong (ie a supervisor kicks it back) its ready in 72 hours.
                        "Rollin and Patrollin the Wild Wild West of Bham"

Comment

The 30 day thing is a better safe than sorry estimate. It does take at least a week to get if from district to HQ records, if the report doesn't get kicked back by your supervisor.
                          My posts are in no way a representation of the views of my department.

Not everyone is meant to be police.

Comment

You guys must get hounded from citizens continuing to call about reports? StillaMarine I'm guessing you"re over at Birmingham PD? If so my question for whoever has the answer is, why have depts NOT moved to computerized reporting systems. When I go on a burglary call lets say. While the "roving patrol crime scene" officers are processing the scene for evidence. I'm sitting in my unit knocking out the report. Our reporting system is very fast and a burglary report with say a normal amount of items taken, I'm looking at about 10-15min with our tab through New World program. I send it in, my supervisor gets it immediately, IF there is a correction it comes back flashing on my screen and says, "Rejected Report". I open the report up and it has a message with it as to what is wrong. Normally it's something small that you missed like a first name for the victim that you forgot to put. You quickly enter the first name and resend it and you can watch real time when the supervisor takes it out of your computer and put in the main system. Normally before I leave the call the report is in the system ready for them to pick up. I just stay on my call an extra 15min and knock out the report. When I send in the report I clear my call. At the most if the supervisor at the report check desk is "jacking off", (atleast 1 sgt stays there) it will take about 30min and then he'll sit back down from "jacking off" and get it turned in. Our system has a self check you can click on error check and it will check your report for errors. If you have a theft charge, but forgot to put property it will alert you to add your property. If it's an battery type of charge, or robbery and you forget to fill out the Victim injury section it will tell you (and won't let you send the report to your supervisor until it's filled out). It even knows if your entering victim information it will ask whether the victim is a business, society, individual, police officer ect...... this is chosen first and when you tab past it it automatically readjusts the format of requested information depending on what you select. So if you select business, then it takes away automatically asking for Race, DOB, SSN, and things like that. If it's a Police Officer (on duty) it will not ask for anything personal just name, race, address (use work) and phone number. So we run error check before we send it and when your supervisor gets it all he does is run error check on his end and if it hits back "no errors" then it is sent into the main system for whomever needs a copy ie...victim or detectives. My question is this sounds like a really great program and it is, this thing will do everything for you shy of flying a plane for you, but it really isn't even expensive. Don't even get me started on signal 20's and using LA crash. That is super easy and fast and I love and have mastered the drawings (my sh** needs to go in an art gallary ) Just don't understand why you still have depts like NOPD still handwriting reports. For something that won't break the bank you can get professional reports, that cuts report time in half, putting the officer back 10-8 quicker. Not to mention we're quicker to do a report than to try an talk the cmpl out of wanting one (yall have all done that atleast once). Their so easy and fast that most don't try to shame out of reports. If I had to handwrite all mine, I'm telling you I'd try to NEVER do one. So anyone know why they are not even seemingly trying to get computerized?
                            Last edited by creolecop; 08-25-2010, 12:35 AM.
                            Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Our district is doing all incident reports by (EPR) electronic police report; I think all districts are now as well. It's a lot better than handwriting everything. It works like yours. We submit, they check, disapprove or send up the line. Unfortunately, our 20 reports are still handwritten. The handwriting part is what takes time to get processed. If it gets kicked back, sometimes it has to be completely re-written because the rank uses red marker to mark your mistakes, but it motivates ya to get it done right the first time.
                              My posts are in no way a representation of the views of my department.

Not everyone is meant to be police.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6172 users online. 304 members and 5868 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X