300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Corrections Deputy

I know we were short, looks like we are hiring again for the jail.

http://www.stpso.com/jobs.php

STPSO
    Job Description
    Job Title: Corrections Deputy
    Department: Corrections
    Reports To: Shift Corporal
    FLSA Status: Non-exempt
    Salary Range: Starting - $27,504

SUMMARY – Guards prisoners at the Jail, assuming responsibility for all needs of prisoners during detention by performing the following duties.
    ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.

Receives and processes all new inmates.
    Maintain jail records during his/her shift.
    Conducts a head count at the start and end of his/her shift and documents in proper location.
    Makes a periodic check of all inmates.
    Reports any damage of jail property to Corporal.
    Fills out and delivers all disciplinary reports and grievances to the Corporal.
    Reviews the jail log and disciplinary reports to update him/her on the activities in this facility.
    Conducts shakedown inspections as needed. Make periodic searches of inmates as needed.
    Supervises the cleaning of all areas of the jail.
    Provides inmates with the basics to practice personal hygiene.
    Supervises inmates activates and visiting.
    Searches all inmates entering and leaving the jail.
    Record inmates needs and delivers them to the Lieutenant.
    Advises rank of any inmate security and discipline classifications.
    Controls all public access to the Jail
    Controls all inmates’ movement with the security areas of the Jail.
    Provides surveillance, via the video monitoring system, of all areas within and outside the Jail.
    Keeps in communication with all correctional officers throughout the jail.
    Control the jail key locker and maintains the key log.
    Controls and monitors all emergency alert systems.
    Control public/inmates visitation.
    Controls all access to the jail prisoner’s entrance.
    SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - There are no supervisory responsibilities in this position.
    QUALIFICATIONS - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
    EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE - High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Experience in ACA Accreditation.
    LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to prisoners and other employees of the organization.
    MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement.
    REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
    CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - Valid Louisiana Motor Vehicle Operator's License; proof of residency of St. Tammany Parish (voter registration card); birth certificate (minimum age of 18 years); and Social Security Card.
    PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
    While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is
    occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or run. Must have the ability to lift and drag a minimum of 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision.
    WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
    The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
    PLEASE COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION AND/OR FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT 726-7700.
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Maybe now ya'll can keep the prisoners in the jail
    In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

I went in last week to turn in an application for JP and they told me after this next academy they were freezing the hiring process for new patrol deputies. They asked if I would be interested in the corrections deputy position. I declined. I know once you are out of the academy you go straight to the jails and I do not mind that at all. I believe in working your way up but the problem for me is that when an academy does open back up, the time you worked in the jails doesnt count for the time you have to spend in it after you complete the academy. I really would prefer not to work in the jails for 18months to 2 years after talking with some friends who are jp. They did say that they hire the corrections deputies first, though.

Comment

Originally posted by JPSO Recruit View Post
        Maybe now ya'll can keep the prisoners in the jail
        Low blow......ouch that hurt.....

Comment

Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          I went in last week to turn in an application for JP and they told me after this next academy they were freezing the hiring process for new patrol deputies. They asked if I would be interested in the corrections deputy position. I declined. I know once you are out of the academy you go straight to the jails and I do not mind that at all. I believe in working your way up but the problem for me is that when an academy does open back up, the time you worked in the jails doesnt count for the time you have to spend in it after you complete the academy. I really would prefer not to work in the jails for 18months to 2 years after talking with some friends who are jp. They did say that they hire the corrections deputies first, though.
          I was told that JP send you from corrections to POST academy all in one run. I know a lot of Deputies who I worked with in the jail who are on patrol....damn fine Deputies.

Comment

27,500.....yikes!!
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
              27,500.....yikes!!
              Which is actually quite high for Law Enforcement in La, well for corrections that is. Most are a lot lower!
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
                Yes sir, this will be the last academy for awhile. Seems we've hit our numbers, which is shocking, and the Sheriff is slowing down hiring for patrol. The problem now is they are forcing everyone from new hires, laterals, and rehires all go to the jail for 2 years We sure as hell won't be getting any lateral transfers, that's for sure. The money is there, I'm just guessing we're anticipating a slowdown of capital since the mad money rush after Katrina rebuilding is disappearing.

Originally posted by eman2k5
                Low blow......ouch that hurt.....
                It's all in good humor, next time one of our idiots screws up be sure to rib on me Psst, get on xbox live.
                In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

psst I am on xbox live all the time.....

eman2k5.... I will be on in a hour.... what is your gamer tag ?

BTW I forgot to add the thing....

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
                    27,500.....yikes!!
                    We can ask for a raise all day long, when you see pigs flying let me know.....becuase then I will know we should be getting a raise.

Comment

I love it when people come on r***ing about pay...

My son is a CO with our local Sheriff's Office...he just got a, more or less, raise...he makes $16,500 a year now. So yes, here in LA, 27,500 is good starting pay.

Comment

JPSO, why didnt you send me a friend request on xbox live ?......

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
                          We can ask for a raise all day long, when you see pigs flying let me know.....becuase then I will know we should be getting a raise.
                          So how much of a raise did you get??In case you forgot Pigs Flew Feb.7th,you should remember,it was the same day hell froze over.
                          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

we got a 0.00% raise.

Comment

I saw pigs flying numerous times today. What do you call a cop in a charger or impala hauling ***?????

*****A pig flying!!!!!!

Yes I'll be here all week ladies and gentlemen
                              Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10852 users online. 435 members and 10417 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X