300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisana State Police

Anyone scheduled for written test on 11-24-09 at 1p? If anyone has taken test, what is the content of the test? thanks!!

Content of the test......hmmmmm
    A lot of questions....get one wrong, that's a bad thing, get one right, good thing!!!

Hope this helps

Comment

I thought the LSP already had a class for the academy that keeps getting pushed back. Is this test for a new class ?
      sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by chico View Post
        Anyone scheduled for written test on 11-24-09 at 1p? If anyone has taken test, what is the content of the test? thanks!!
        Good luck on your endeavor. Last I thought though they were slowing down big time. I think down to one academy a year right now. The Gov. cut recruiting money. They already have an academy class pushed back waiting for the green light. So this testing bunch might be about 2yrs away. Hope you like Louisiana it's definately going to be a culture shock for you. Might want to pick up the basic phonetics of french in the mean time lots of french stuff down here. Last names like,

Soileau = swallow
        Wallior = Why-o
        Hollier = Hal-yaa (long A)
        Duhon = Doo-yon
        Richard = Ree-shad (they get ****ed on mispronuciations)
        Gauthier = Go-chay
        LeDoux = La-do (not the same as eaux which is the o sound)

Good luck and remember we don't take kindly to yankees butchering our names
        Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

Question 1: Do you like staying on the interstate all day? Check

Question 2: Do you enjoy being a rest stop bunny? Check

Nah, it's a basic fundamentals test with memorization, math, english, and direction following.
          In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Good afternoon thanks for info and heads up!!

Comment

Originally posted by JPSO Recruit View Post
              Question 1: Do you like staying on the interstate all day? Check

Question 2: Do you enjoy being a rest stop bunny? Check

Nah, it's a basic fundamentals test with memorization, math, english, and direction following.
              Do you like job security, big bucks and high paid easy details ???
              law dog

Comment

Originally posted by patroldog View Post
                Do you like job security, big bucks and high paid easy details ???
                Feds are hiring We have all three and then some! LSP is still good, except the ones that seem to target some of us...
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  Feds are hiring We have all three and then some! LSP is still good, except the ones that seem to target some of us...
                  I agree LSP is a good Dept. We have a good working relationship with them. I did a ride along with my 1st cousin who is a trooper and man that was one sleeeeepy shift. Not everyone wants to be foot chasing drug dealers. Running up on shenannigans in the projects. Answering shooting calls but I know guys who looooove to work wrecks. My steering wheel takes a beating everytime I get dispatched to a signal 20. I can't stand them let along make them the bulk of my work. I'm not a big ticket writer, and I typically pass on DUI arrest. I pass them onto someone who likes them, or make them call a ride if no crashes occured. I would loose my mind on a shift. I love to hunt street level dope. So for me the money doesn't pay nearly enough to go to LSP. On the other hand I know someone who loves it. Each to his own, there are different types of LE, LSP isn't mine. Though JPSO is a traffic kind of guy I think he is secretly waiting on the next LSP academy

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
                    I agree LSP is a good Dept. We have a good working relationship with them. I did a ride along with my 1st cousin who is a trooper and man that was one sleeeeepy shift. Not everyone wants to be foot chasing drug dealers. Running up on shenannigans in the projects. Answering shooting calls but I know guys who looooove to work wrecks. My steering wheel takes a beating everytime I get dispatched to a signal 20. I can't stand them let along make them the bulk of my work. I'm not a big ticket writer, and I typically pass on DUI arrest. I pass them onto someone who likes them, or make them call a ride if no crashes occured. I would loose my mind on a shift. I love to hunt street level dope. So for me the money doesn't pay nearly enough to go to LSP. On the other hand I know someone who loves it. Each to his own, there are different types of LE, LSP isn't mine. Though JPSO is a traffic kind of guy I think he is secretly waiting on the next LSP academy
                    Are you crazy? You think your steering wheel takes a beating for a signal 20, I take my baton out and go to work with that. I absolutely despise 20's, hate them with a passion. "She was speeding! Even though I didn't stop at that stop sign it was here fault!!" There are people out there who like working 20's? I'd rather handle a "he hit me" or barking dog call than a 20 any day.

Like creole I enjoy the 107's and 18's, the dope dealers who run and the crackheads who steal. If I had to sit on the interstate all day I'm pretty sure I would eat my own gun. Thank goodness there are people out there who enjoy working the jail and enjoy handling 20's!

@patroldog- It's a joke man, come on I know them troopers understand a joke LSP handles alot of our 98's, so I'm very happy when they are available. Not sure how they do it, but thanks for being there for us!
                    Last edited by JPSO Recruit; 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

@ JP and CC...

You two are both crazy. Sig20's are the best. Working day shift all I get are parking lots and all the minor crap. Last month one of my officers called me out to a major 20. Trooper had volunteered to work it but I advised her, inside our muni you will work it. 5 hours later I received the phone call that the 20 had developed into a fatal. So, instead of being lead officer, I assisted. Was a very good learning experience for her, 4 years on the road and this was her first 20F.

Comment

When I look at it I shouldn't be complaining but what the hell it's not fun if your not bit**ing

We don't jump cars, unlock doors, or respond to private property collisions.

We have 37 deputies on shift not counting dispatchers so we have plenty of other people who love to work wrecks. . We have traffic investigation teams on each shift. They are the ones who love crashes, and most have been to reconstructionist school. They work all fleet wrecks and fatalities and MOST of the other crashes (not all). I work in the city limits so 98% of the crashes I get dispatched to is usually followed by, 10-4 notify city We have the option of working city wrecks, I always opt on the HELL NO side. If it's in the unincorp area of my beat which is small (mostly city) if it's on a state or US hwy I respond with 10-4 notify state. I'v worked 2 wrecks in 10mo. (2) of them were within the last 2 weeks. If it's a fatal or serious wreck I still get dispatched if it's in my area or being pulled to that area due to no available units the "recon" team is enroute also. So I really shouldn't be complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by LAChief View Post
                          @ JP and CC...

You two are both crazy. Sig20's are the best. Working day shift all I get are parking lots and all the minor crap. Last month one of my officers called me out to a major 20. Trooper had volunteered to work it but I advised her, inside our muni you will work it. 5 hours later I received the phone call that the 20 had developed into a fatal. So, instead of being lead officer, I assisted. Was a very good learning experience for her, 4 years on the road and this was her first 20F.
                          We don't handle parking lot crashes, they exchange info and get the form from the state. That's how it should be, however all the incorporated towns in the parish still do reports for them. The last 20F I was on scene is when a 98 went into the canal, if it wasn't for a passing motorist we probably never would have found the vehicle as it sunk below the water line. Unlike creole, we usually don't go into the incorporated cities unless they request it. We have our own beats to worry about, no need to go in the cities when you got a stack of calls holding. Our traffic division handles most of the 20's, however they get off at 2200 so my shift(2300-0700) gets screwed big time. Last 20 I handled resulted in 1 citation with 4 violations,(no insurance, no license, following to closely, and expired plate), 1 NOV, 1 tow, and a trip to the jail for 17's(traffic) out of Kenner. While I enjoy stopping and taking people to jail for 17's(I love that and getting dope dealers) working wrecks is something I've come to understand is "part of the job", but boy do I despise them.

Comment

We had 9 or 10 on todays shift...people here crash like its going out of style. I couldnt stand them when I first started but somehow made myself learn to like them so not too bad now, although I still prefer chasing crackheads.
                            Last edited by UnivPD; 10-30-2009, 08:48 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hey Guys,

I have been going through the hiring process for the State since about last April. I just finally finished my Oral Boards on October 13th. The process has gone very well and I am optimistic but still I know that any little circumstance can change my chances. The primary location that I have applied for is the Troop G area (North West LA). I have no prior law enforcement experience but graduated with a degree last March. I just saw where this thread has kind of come to a halt and wanted to start it up again so that we can get any inside information of what is going on as far as the next academy goes. I know there are a lot of rumors floating around and there is absolutely no set date as of now. But if anybody has any information on the next academy date, when the hiring boards are meeting, how many slots there will be, and any other valid info it would be much appreciated.

What I have heard from the inside---

Academy will be sometime around the end of February or beginning of March and will have around 50 slots.

Also have heard that there will possibly be another academy this summer.

Thanks for all of the help,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2492 users online. 170 members and 2322 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X