300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laws

Below I'v attached a link for the new laws that took effect regarding traffic.
    Have you guys started enforcing the new laws. I thought the 30 days in jail for driving on a DUI suspension was a good thing, but from what I'm reading it looks like they "maybe sentenced to a minimum of 15 days" which sounds more of the this is what we "could" do to you. Though it will likely not happen if you ask me. My dept doesn't arrest for driving under suspension we just keep issuing tickets and tow the vehicle. For those who don't arrest for it have you guys started for DUI suspensions? or are you issuing another ticket, and when they go to court (mandatory here) the judge will decide then? Also is there a nother statute other than 32:415, does suspension for DUI now have it's own statute? because if it's now a "criminal offense" it should have a code in our title 14 statutes rather than 32.

http://blog.drivinglaws.org/2009/08/...-traffic-laws/
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

I talked to one of our ADA's about this a couple of weeks ago and, although I may have misunderstood, I believe that the DUI suspension will be covered under a 14:98 statute (i.e. 98.3, etc...). The way she explained it to me, the offender could face a 30 day jail term, but would serve a mandatory minimum of 15 days.
    Again, I may have misunderstood. I'll try to check on it tomorow.

Comment

Ok, the new revised statute is RS 14:98.3. It established criminal penalties for operating a motor vehicle when DL has been suspended for DUI. According to the ADA I spoke with, the penalty reads as "Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be imprisoned for not less than fifteen days nor more than six months..."

Comment

Originally posted by creolecop View Post
        Below I'v attached a link for the new laws that took effect regarding traffic.
        Have you guys started enforcing the new laws. I thought the 30 days in jail for driving on a DUI suspension was a good thing, but from what I'm reading it looks like they "maybe sentenced to a minimum of 15 days" which sounds more of the this is what we "could" do to you. Though it will likely not happen if you ask me. My dept doesn't arrest for driving under suspension we just keep issuing tickets and tow the vehicle. For those who don't arrest for it have you guys started for DUI suspensions? or are you issuing another ticket, and when they go to court (mandatory here) the judge will decide then? Also is there a nother statute other than 32:415, does suspension for DUI now have it's own statute? because if it's now a "criminal offense" it should have a code in our title 14 statutes rather than 32.

http://blog.drivinglaws.org/2009/08/...-traffic-laws/
        We're the same way on the driving under suspension, no arrest but give them another court date and tow their vehicle. Personally I disagree with it, I wish we could take them to jail for it but oh well.

14:98.3 is the new statute for the DWI offenders, which should be a doozy for those who are caught
        Last edited by JPSO Recruit; 09-11-2009, 05:47 PM.
        In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Not to thread jack, but I've been given the opportunity to take my fathers 9/11 GI Bill benefits and use them towards my education, and so I'm doing so now... I've been here a little over a month now and have the chance to go to a school down here immediately... my question, do I need to get all new plates and a LA license? I really dont want to change my residency as Alaska has many benefits for residents, is there some way to skirt this or am I SOL?

Comment

Originally posted by AKSledhead View Post
            Not to thread jack, but I've been given the opportunity to take my fathers 9/11 GI Bill benefits and use them towards my education, and so I'm doing so now... I've been here a little over a month now and have the chance to go to a school down here immediately... my question, do I need to get all new plates and a LA license? I really dont want to change my residency as Alaska has many benefits for residents, is there some way to skirt this or am I SOL?
            If you are not a permanent resident you are good to go,just have your student ID with you in the event you are questioned,which you probably wont be.
            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
              If you are not a permanent resident you are good to go,just have your student ID with you in the event you are questioned,which you probably wont be.
              Awesome! Thanks bud...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3028 users online. 162 members and 2866 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X