300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOPD Sighting

Has anyone seen the ad on careerbuilder.com? Is this a trustworthy ad? If so are they accepting laterals from other states? Just wondering
    "Why am I getting a ticket? Because I am trying to deminish my Christmas card list, that's why!"

CBPO
    WRITTEN 05/05/09

Seriously.........stay far far away from NOPD

Comment

Why is that JLW? Seriously, for people that are thinking of applying there, would you say what reasons there are for not applying?

Comment

Here's why http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpa...690.xml&coll=1

and what's bad is this is not an isolated incident, it seems to be a theme story at NOPD, unfortunately they have very little respect in that city even among law abiding citizens
        Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

2Lucky - seriously stay far far away from NOPD. What creolecop posted isn't even the tip of the iceberg. NOPD's Chief is a joke who can't even spell Law Enforcement, much less lead a group of professionals in that activity. NOPD cops have absolutely no credibility anywhere here in this state. Ask any other LE and if they are not political, they'll tell you how it really is. The problem is that there are really some decent guys on the force, but it's a double edged sword in NO. Do good and get in trouble for being proactive, do bad and give the department a black eye. So the best thing for NOPD is to do nothing and that pretty much tells the story. Go to www.nola.com. It's the local rag, and you'll see everyday there are killings, multiple killings in New Orleans. The cops have no credibility and they certainly do not own the streets. I could go on and on about their problems, but we could be here all day. Seriously, don't consider it right now. It's going to take at least another 8 to 10 years for them to regain the streets and that's after they get rid of Chief Riley, and that doesn't seem to be anytime soon. Maybe when the Chocolate City Mayor (C. Ray Nagin) finally get's his ***** handed to him and they elect a real person, maybe that guy will fire Riley and then they can start their rebuilding.

Comment

I have heard they are so hard up for officers that they are willing to do pretty much anything to get people to join them. Which is probably another reason this department is not looking so bright as of right now

Any thoughts

WHEN I START MY TOUR OF DUTY, GOD, WHEREVER CRIME MAY BE, AS I WALK THE DARKENED STREETS ALONE, LET ME BE CLOSE TO THEE. PLEASE GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING, WITH BOTH YOUNG AND OLD, LET ME LISTEN WITH ATTENTION, UNTIL THEIR STORY’S TOLD. LET ME NEVER MAKE A JUDGEMENT, IN A RASH OR CALLOUS WAY, BUT LET ME HOLD MY PATIENCE, LET EACH MAN HAVE HIS SAY. LORD, IF SOME DARK AND DREARY NIGHT, I MUST GIVE MY LIFE, LORD WITH YOUR EVERLASTING LOVE, PROTECT THE LOVED ONES IN MY LIFE.

Comment

Another fine example of the type of people they are hiring. Just about a month ago, an NOPD officer (off duty in her POV) driving to a day care to pick up her daughter didn't like the way the person in front of her was parked and after honking her horn and making threatening comments, then commences to get out of her car with her duty pistol in her hand and waves it in the person's face.

The responding officer, and his Sergeant, doesn't write her, and basically tells her to cool off. Duh....... Both the responding officer and the female off duty officer were dismissed from the force, and the Sergeant was disciplined (probably slapped on the wrist).

About a week before that, another off duty officer (in his POV) was speeding on the cresent city connection and the connection police tried to pull him over. They chased him for some 10 miles, and when they finally got him pulled over, he gave some lame excuse and took off. In his departure, he hit one of the cresent city connection officers with his vehicle. He was also terminated, but it goes to show you the type of people they are hiring.

Comment

Wow, that's just sad. Its pretty bad when police departments hire people like what you stated above. Also heard from a buddy of mine, that when you go and take the written test, that even if you do poorly they will still pass you, and heard even if you fail the test or do so poorly they need so much help they are willing to pass you, not sure if this is fact or not, but this goes to show why the public sometimes can have a bad view of police officers!

WHEN I START MY TOUR OF DUTY, GOD, WHEREVER CRIME MAY BE, AS I WALK THE DARKENED STREETS ALONE, LET ME BE CLOSE TO THEE. PLEASE GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING, WITH BOTH YOUNG AND OLD, LET ME LISTEN WITH ATTENTION, UNTIL THEIR STORY’S TOLD. LET ME NEVER MAKE A JUDGEMENT, IN A RASH OR CALLOUS WAY, BUT LET ME HOLD MY PATIENCE, LET EACH MAN HAVE HIS SAY. LORD, IF SOME DARK AND DREARY NIGHT, I MUST GIVE MY LIFE, LORD WITH YOUR EVERLASTING LOVE, PROTECT THE LOVED ONES IN MY LIFE.

Comment

I'm in interdiction school right now at RCTA and when they talked about some crooked interdiction officers that "could" be out there, everyone kinda looked at the 2 NOPD guys in class. It really was kinda sad. No one in the class really interacts with them from what i can see. I actually feel bad for them, because they seem like good guys who are here to learn and want to be the best they can be, but they are walking around with a disgraced label, "NOPD".
                  Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

And yet ANOTHER reason I never go to NOLA (besides not being able to stand the place):

Headline from the Baton Rouge (LA) Morning Advocate (10/8/08):

" New Orleans ‘most deadly city’ "

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/306...?showAll=y&c=y

(And I'm only a two hour drive from there. Can't think of a reason to waste a trip.)

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                    "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

New Orleans "Most Deadly City"
                      Thats interesting how many homicides have they had?
                      From Jan 08'-Aug 08' it was reported by Chicago news that Chicago had seen over 400 Homicides much related to gang activity.....

Comment

the murders are based on the population...1/2 is better than 1/20
                        sigpic"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity.

Comment

Stay away from NOPD, if you are coming to New Orleans you should go to JPSO.
                          In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Per my previous posts, there are multiple killings per day in NO. But it is misleading because murder rate is based on per capita, so New Orleans only lists the murders that happen in the City proper, but count the entire area for the population. So they are not measuring apples to apples. If they were to count the number of murders from a given area and use the same population from that area, or use factual data, it would be even worse than it is. Since Katrina the population in Orleans Parish has been misrepresented big time. It still doesn't have half the population that existed pre-Katrina. But when you look at the stats they are counting for crime statistics, you'll see a very different number. Population is WAY overstated. That make the per capita crime not look as bad as it is.

Comment

St Tammany is still hiring
                              sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4827 users online. 257 members and 4570 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X