300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOCJTAugust 11,2008 Basic Training class

Is there anyone on here who is going to be in or have anyone from their agency going to be in the basic training class starting August 11? I'm counting down 17 more days until I go.

Eat a good lunch before you go down there on Sunday, you are going to be in for a long day.

Comment

Made4it is correct. The first (and second) day are very long.

What agency is sending you down?

Comment

What does the first and second day usually consist of?

Comment

If I remember correctly, on the first day they are going to read through every rule and regulation that there is in the academy. They do this, just in case you screw up and break one of them and then you cannot say that no one told you about it. And If I remember correctly they are going to tell a few stories of people who went against these regulations and what happened to them. After they finish reading all the rules and regs to you, they are going to walk you around and show you everything and tell you more rules along the way. If I recall correctly, after this was finished, we had about an hour to unload everything from our vehicles into our rooms, get it all put away and somehow get something to eat, before lights out.

This could have just been when I was there, they were going through a lot of rule changes, and I think there was a new rule implemented daily so that could have been why it took so long.

But don't worry, the first day will finally be over. On the second day I know that you are going to do your PT test and be introduced to a lot of new instructors. Be ready for anything on this day, keep your eyes open and watch for one of them to call you out on something, I won't go any farther in detail than that. I don't want to ruin their fun.
          Good luck

Comment

Your second day (Monday), everyone takes their POPS exam, and then you spend 4 or so more hours reading the rules... Make sure you have some caffeine at lunch!
            Last edited by NKY; 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM. Reason: Additional Info

Comment

The excitement is overwhelming me. lol. I just can't wait to takethe pops again either. Bad thing about it is I won't be done with it after the academy because my agency just made it to where we take it every year and if we pass we get a bonus. Which isnt a bad thing at all. I just hate the running.

Comment

Louisa is sending me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6326 users online. 314 members and 6012 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X