The right gun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right gun.

As I plan on getting my conceal weapon permit soon, I plan on taking shooting lessons of course. With that being said, does anyone in the Northern Kentucky area, know of good shooting ranges. Being that I am starting at zero, when it comes to guns, what would be a gun that I should start off with. Being that I am going into the police officer area, should I start with a gun that most police officers use? Would those be Glocks? Any suggestions or help would be great!
    Thanks!
    "Understand that there is nothing morally superior about being a sheepdog; it is just what you choose to be.But if you want to be a sheepdog and walk the warrior’s path, then you must make a conscious and moral decision every day to dedicate, equip and prepare yourself to thrive in that toxic, corrosive moment when the wolf comes knocking at the door.-On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs
    (From the book, On Combat, by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman)

Originally posted by crimijuswoman View Post
    As I plan on getting my conceal weapon permit soon, I plan on taking shooting lessons of course. With that being said, does anyone in the Northern Kentucky area, know of good shooting ranges. Being that I am starting at zero, when it comes to guns, what would be a gun that I should start off with. Being that I am going into the police officer area, should I start with a gun that most police officers use? Would those be Glocks? Any suggestions or help would be great!
    Thanks!
    Many range officers prefer to teach people who have never shot before. There are no bad habits to unlearn and police shooting is different than target shooting. If you really plan to be a police officer, you may want to wait until an agency teaches you to shoot and to find out if your agency requires you to carry certain firearms.

Plus, when you are sworn, it covers the CCDW issue.
    My posts are sometimes educated, sometimes informed, and sometimes blowing smoke...but they are mine and mine alone and do not reflect on anyone else (especially my employer).

Comment

Originally posted by crimijuswoman View Post
      Thanks!
      There is no answer for this particular question, because each person is different. The gun that may fit me the best would not suit you at all. You should go to the gun shop and pick up and handle different models and makes. You want to pick out the gun that fits your hands best and that you are comfortable with holding and carrying. This will be the gun that you defend your life with so don't go out and buy the cheapest gun there is. Sure glocks are great guns I own two but there also is S & W, Sig Sauer, H & K and a host of other gun makers. I personally carry a glock and trust my life to it each and every day.

Comment

Go to "target world", it is right off of 275 near West Chester. U can "rent" any gun form them and shoot it @ their range. Last time i checked it was $5 to rent one but could be more now that was yrs ago. Yo can try any gun ou want then you can figure out which one ytou liked and come back to a range in NKY. "Shooters" is just past Hands Pike and a good range. DO not go to "marks Guns" in Florence, they will rape you with fees.
        DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10368 users online. 396 members and 9972 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
        X