300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary/Dept sizes

I find it amazing that one city that will back up another city (because they run into eachother and if you blink you went through 3 differnt ones) can have such a large difference in salary. Do we really need 16 Depts in one county and the majority have 10 or less Officers? Why cant it all merge into a metro like Louisville? Nothing to complain about, i just find it amazing that each city has their own force.
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

its all politics. 10 different p.d's = 10 different chiefs. Who's gonna be head honcho and who is gonna lose rank. on top of that, the average salary will even out, and the officers that were on the higher end will take a pay cut. You KNOW how well that will go over.

Just my 2 cents *clink* *clink*

Comment

You

Must live in Kenton County.

Comment

HHAHAHAA, no I live within the 3 counties but this is the county I am referring too!
        DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

Hey, 1122Burke, you know Audrey Spies? Shes chief of Woodburn, KY now I believe, had her in my in-service last yr, cool chick.

Comment

Knew her a little when she worked for bgpd.Not very well.I grew up in Grant Co and worked Kenton/Boone/Campbell for the first 6 yrs of my career.They do have a blue million agencys up there.

Comment

There are still many independent police depts. in Louisville, outside of LMPD. The bigger ones are Jeffersontown, St. Matthews, Shively, Anchorage, and then there's Prospect, Northfield, Audubon Park, Forest Hills, Indian Hills, Lincolnshire, Lynnview, Woodlawn Park. I'm sure there are a couple others I left out. Except for J-Town, St. Matthews, Shively and Anchorage, which have their own dispatch, the rest are dispatched by the Sheriff's Office. These calls have to be forwarded by MetroSafe which receives all 911 calls in Metro Louisville. Some communities such as Prospect advertise their direct number, such as Prospect (228-COPS), which goes to the S.O., to avoid the transfer delay when calling for police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5380 users online. 285 members and 5095 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X