300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky State Police Class 93

Figured since the last one for 92 pretty much died off that I would start this one.

So process has started. I applied for the Jan 8th test date. Anyone else in the process, applied, tested or otherwise?

Also any insight to the process, timeline, academy life or anything else regarding KSP would be greatly appreciated.
    Military Police Regular Army '09-'12 Reserve from '12-current

I tested in December and I'm waiting on my interview email. Was wondering if anyone else had received an email for the interviews yet?

Comment

How was the tests? I go for mine on Thursday. Took study guide test and did well. Hoping it will be similar.

Comment

Last edited by MP to LEO; 01-06-2015, 02:41 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Originally posted by MP to LEO View Post
          The test is pretty similar to the practice test, with obviously more questions. Remember the written test is only pass or fail, and a 65 is all you need to pass. Do the memorization part first, the recruiters will tell you this also. I would also knock out the math section following the memorization, leave the map for last. The physical test will follow an hour or so after the written test. Expect the graders to be strict! You will have to compress a sponge in order for your push-ups to count. Later on in the process your physical exam will count for 40% of your overall score while your interview if selected will account for 60%.

Comment

Awesome news. Were the runs done inside or out? Looking like it is going to be in the 20s tomorrow. Much slower run times in that kind of cold. LOL

Comment

Awesome news. Were the runs done inside or out? Looking like it is going to be in the 20s tomorrow. Much slower run times in that kind of cold. LOL
              If your testing at EKU it will be indoors. Not sure about other sites.

Comment

Figured since the last one for 92 pretty much died off that I would start this one.

So process has started. I applied for the Jan 8th test date. Anyone else in the process, applied, tested or otherwise?

Also any insight to the process, timeline, academy life or anything else regarding KSP would be greatly appreciated.

How did your test go today?

Comment

Not bad. I passed the Written which was a nail bitter and for me that POPS was not what I expected. I thought I would breeze through but definitely had to push myself and will be putting in even more effort with regards to prep. They did say johnwayne67 that board dates could come out as soon as today but hopes to have them sent out as late as next week.

Comment

It was also reinterated multiple times of the Academy beginning in May 24th. It will be a historical class as it will be the first in the new facility and the academy commander would like to have no more than 50 in this class. And the dates for the board will be 26-30 January and the poly will be scheduled immediatly after successful completion of the board.

(At any time that I put out information that is too much or for official use only please PM and I will remove immediatly)

Comment

Thanks Mp I've been waiting for that interview email for a couple weeks. It's a long process so I know to be patient. Congrats on passing your tests!

Comment

Originally posted by johnwayne67 View Post
                        Thanks Mp I've been waiting for that interview email for a couple weeks. It's a long process so I know to be patient. Congrats on passing your tests!
                        Thanks and no problem. After reading some of the older class' posts I can see why many aren't participating LOL. Just to connect with others going through the same thing is nice. Some advice that was given to us about the board to "prepare" if one can is to hold a mock board and record your composure, confidence in answers, and how well you do under pressure. Good luck.

Comment

Yeah these forums can get a lil heated at times for whatever reason. I've went through the interviews before and did pretty well, hope for the same results this time. Im going to attend some mock interviews to prepare.

Comment

Do you have any pointers for the interview? Like pertanent things that I should put more thought into or what not. Also some things that I could give have "board members" ask me. I am out of state plus do not know any Troopers personally. Without giving away any confidential information of course.

Comment

Be professional and confident of course. You will probably be asked how a trooper should be involved in the community. Why do you want to be a trooper, questions similar to those.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11808 users online. 420 members and 11388 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X