300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateralling to KY

Hi, folks. After speaking with the DOCJT, I found out that my out of state certification transfers directly over. I am interested in obtaining employment in the Bowling Green area, and have specifically been looking at Glasgow PD. I see that they're currently accepting applications, but I was more curious as to the hiring process with agencies. Do they require a lateral officer to complete all the steps of the process as they do a recruit who isn't certified? Things such as Written test, PAT, full FTO, etc? I'm just concerned with how many separate trips I would need to make to the area. Hopefully any testing could be condensed into just a few days. Anyhow, thanks, guys and girls. Be safe.

Originally posted by JC631 View Post
    Hi, folks. After speaking with the DOCJT, I found out that my out of state certification transfers directly over. I am interested in obtaining employment in the Bowling Green area, and have specifically been looking at Glasgow PD. I see that they're currently accepting applications, but I was more curious as to the hiring process with agencies. Do they require a lateral officer to complete all the steps of the process as they do a recruit who isn't certified? Things such as Written test, PAT, full FTO, etc? I'm just concerned with how many separate trips I would need to make to the area. Hopefully any testing could be condensed into just a few days. Anyhow, thanks, guys and girls. Be safe.
    Don't take this for 100% truth but a couple agencies that I know off that have taken guys as laterals require them to go through the same hiring process as a brand new recruit would. Louisville, Lexington & KSP would make you go through an entire academy. Smaller agencies would more than likely require you to do an inservice type class for a week or two to get you up to speed on KRS and dept. policies. Depending on the size of the agency they would probably make you ride with an FTO for an abbreviated portion of what a new recruit would.Your best bet is to contact Glasgow or BGPD and ask them.
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Originally posted by lpstopper View Post
      Don't take this for 100% truth but a couple agencies that I know off that have taken guys as laterals require them to go through the same hiring process as a brand new recruit would. Louisville, Lexington & KSP would make you go through an entire academy. Smaller agencies would more than likely require you to do an inservice type class for a week or two to get you up to speed on KRS and dept. policies. Depending on the size of the agency they would probably make you ride with an FTO for an abbreviated portion of what a new recruit would.Your best bet is to contact Glasgow or BGPD and ask them.
      At one time I remember reading that KSP had an 11 week lateral program. I guess they don't do this anymore if they ever did?
      Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Tommydesigns View Post
        At one time I remember reading that KSP had an 11 week lateral program. I guess they don't do this anymore if they ever did?
        KSP has had a shortened academy for laterals in the past. Not sure how frequently KSP offers it now.
        "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

The LEAP class is only every so often when funds and needs dictate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6212 users online. 325 members and 5887 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X