300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSPACE Do officers or LEO Surh for Criminals

Some of the MYSPACE pages I have tripped up on I have wondered if there have ever been any type of Law Enforcement Officers or Agencies surfed MYSPACE for Criminals, there are some pages there that I just wonder about came across one tonight that with all the money this person was displaying and advertising they are a dealer, I just wonder if that would be a lead for cops??

IMO, that would be a waste of time. Myspace and Facebook could be useful in an ongoing investigation, but as for starting investigations, it would be wasteful.

Every "hip hop culture" person in my school can be seen on their Facebook/Myspace with a wad of $1 bills (go to the bank and break a $50 bill into ones!) and next to a BMW (at a local car show!), but it's just their way of showing off. It doesn't mean they are drug dealers, they just want attention.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drummadude12 View Post
      IMO, that would be a waste of time. Myspace and Facebook could be useful in an ongoing investigation, but as for starting investigations, it would be wasteful.

Every "hip hop culture" person in my school can be seen on their Facebook/Myspace with a wad of $1 bills (go to the bank and break a $50 bill into ones!) and next to a BMW (at a local car show!), but it's just their way of showing off. It doesn't mean they are drug dealers, they just want attention.
      I disagree. I have known plenty of Officers who have gotten on there, searched by the local HS and saw kids he knew/knew of and came across a lot of pics and blogs that were later used against the kid when thery were busted for the stuff the claim to not have any knowledge of.
      Last edited by Kycop28; 08-11-2008, 01:14 AM. Reason: spell
      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

Yep, it's used quite a bit. I've even used it in an investigation. If you speak to them, they act all professional and tell you what they think you want to hear...Or give you "the right" answer. Check someone's Myspace, and it's like a totally different person. It gives you some nice insight as to who they really are. It's good, because the average person (or typical criminal), wouldn't even think people in Law Enforcement could look at their page.

Facebook, however, is a bit more restricted. It's tough to get anything from them unless it's court ordered or subpoenaed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4292 users online. 263 members and 4029 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X