300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence

I see that Lawrence will be opening up soon. What's the deal with them? The typical college town PD?

I don't know much about them, but I was told by one of their guys their cars lack some equipment (I was told they don't have cages among other things).

Comment

Just submitted my app. Anyone else?

Comment

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I am hoping that someone has some more info. I am going to try and do a ride along in the near future, and I have the written test on Sat..

Comment

good luck! they make money if youre in it for the long haul
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

They seem to hire a decent amount of recruits per class, but I can't find much info online. Their website is a little outdated it seems.

Comment

Good bro of mine worked there for awhile. Fairly busy. City is dominated by the college, but it is a big enough city where there is plenty of other stuff going on. Decent pay, decent equipment. Tough academy

Comment

Seems like a decent apartment. The city has been all over the news for awhile.

Comment

We live in Douglas County, and my wife works in Lawrence. I have had several interactions with their officers and have been impressed. They have a good department, and in my estimation do a remarkable job in a liberal college town. Which, along with small towns, is one of the most difficult places to do good policing. I am a retired deputy sheriff from Shawnee County, which is the next county west. We live here because at the time I was hired, the taxes were lower. We were allowed to live anywhere as long as we could get to the courthouse in 30 minutes. A few deputies lived in adjacent counties as I do.
                  Last edited by KSDeputy; 04-02-2016, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Is anybody else still in the Lawrence process?

Comment

I didn't make it to the Chiefs Interview stage. I was a little surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by atsteele View Post
                        I didn't make it to the Chiefs Interview stage. I was a little surprised.
                        Most of the guys I've talked to are already certified so don't feel bad.

Comment

I've heard they do good work there. I grew up there. West bureau was more professional than East and still is from what the family tells me. Troopers I know in that area say LPD does good work but has to bend over backwards due to the liberal college town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lawrence should be starting the next hiring process after the first of the year, though they have been advertising openings for currently certified officers. Certainly worth checking out if you are looking for a good dept. to work for...

Comment

If looking for a job in this area, I suggest the Shawnee County Sheriff's Office. Their pay is not as high as the local police department, but I know most of the staff, worked with many of them, and I like the present Sheriff. I worked there for over 30 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5405 users online. 288 members and 5117 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X