300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU Medical center

Looks like KU MED PD is hiring. Anyone have any info about the department?

I have the written test coming up. Does anyone have any insight?
    Last edited by atsteele; 01-17-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I have two buddies that work there and have been there for a few years now. They like it, They are stuck in the hospital 90% of the time and don't have much jurisdiction outside of the hospital. Pretty well funded department. They go through KLETC for basic academy.

Its not your "typical" police job, more like hospital security

Comment

howd your testing go at agencies youve applied to??
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Well I've really only tested with Olathe and KCPD. I just put my app into Lenexa. I am waiting on my background to start with kcmo.

Comment

The job is a lot of traditional hospital security (dealing with folks in the ER and waiting room). But you will also respond to calls, do traffic enforcement, investigations, ect. You won't be stopping cars all night or running call to call, but enough I imagine to keep things interesting. Also a Med School and nursing school are on the campus. So there is more range to it than most hospitals.

Doesn't seem like a bad gig at all.
            Last edited by Dingo990; 01-21-2015, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I have a relative that works there. He likes it. Initially he wanted to give it about three years and move on, but last I talked to him he was content. I think they get into a lot of fights with combative patients being that it's in the ghetto. I do know that they rotate duties during their shift. They'll do about 2 hours at the metal detector by the entrance, 2 hours patrol, 2 hours....I don't know - something else. But you will NOT be out doing traffic all night for sure. Unless something changed.

For me personally, it would drive me nuts. I would feel like a glorified security guard. I'm sure it would be good experience, but just like working in a jail - I'd go nuts.

Comment

• KSDeputy
                KSDeputy commented
                Editing a comment
                The fights take place in the ER mostly. I have friends working in the ER.

That's my biggest fear.... being stuck inside. I finished my Poly for KCPD a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Would like to "revive" this thread again. Does anyone have any information about the written exam or how long the hiring process takes? I currently reside in WA and will be testing out of state. Thanks for reading.
                "Never look down on somebody unless you're helping them up."

Comment

KU Med just bought the St. Francis hospital in Topeka, there may be openings there as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5873 users online. 337 members and 5536 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X