300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenexa, Olathe, Overland Park and Shawnee

I know that each of these departments are hiring right now, mostly to fill the January Academy. I am from the NE Kansas JOCO area but have lived across the world from the past ten years. I am really looking for information regarding each department i.e. how many sworn officers, promotion schedule, promotion potential and work load. I don't believe the stereotype that JOCO just "busts soccer moms for speeding tickets" but obviously there is not much crime as there would be for KCK or KCMO. I know that each department feels they are the best, but I am curious to hear everyone's opinion.

Thanks!

Overland Park - 260 sworn, Eligible for Sgt after minimum of 5 years, 2 years minimum at each rank after that. Workload is pretty heavy, lots of nonsense with a few good calls mixed in we have some very busy areas in our northern section. Some of the other good JoCo agencies are Lenexa, Olathe, Leawood and Mission. I would apply everywhere and see where you get on.

Comment

What he said....apply everywhere. You won't go wrong with those choices.
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I was a cop for the VA, and was a First Sergeant for the Department of Corrections and am now a Corrections Counselor. I am also a 2 tour Iraq Vet and Negotiator from MCTC and am working towards my Justice Studies Degree and have almost 100 college hours. I would like to put in for Olathe, I know Roeland Park prefers KLETC certification, which I don't have. Any advice or helpful Information would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Just sent my packet into Lenexa, working on Olathe and Merriam. Anyone have any info about Lenexa?

Comment

what do you want to know? I know people there
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
            Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Lenexa and Olathe both claim a large chunk of Johnson County. Merriam only claims a small portion of the northeastern side of JoCo...but they are next or close to KCK/KCMO. These cities get a wide variety of calls some high priority and the "routine" type calls. If you like to stay busy, Olathe is the place to be. Their calls are typically back to back. Olathe likes lateral officers, but they have put a lot of people through the academy. They have a very vigorous training program and there are some that get washed out.

Lenexa is the good ol' boys of the county (or so they think). From what I've seen, they appear to have some good training officers and training program. I really don't know whole lot about them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5533 users online. 309 members and 5224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X