300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jcso

Anyone have any info on the Johnson County Sheriffs Office?

Yeah, you work in the jail starting out and could be there for several years before ever making it to the road.

Comment

Do they send you to the academy at JCCC?

Comment

Yes, they do.

Comment

I know plenty. Good agency, big agency. People love or hate Sheriff Denning. I've never worked with for the man, but every time I've spoken with him, he's been good to me.

You start in the jail and work your way out from there. Road Patrol is smallish compared to the rest of the agency, maybe 50 deputies covering Desoto, Edgerton and the unincorporated areas. But there are plenty of opportunities that aren't road patrol. Court Security, Civil Service, Investigations, even dispatch (JOCO SO dispatchers for probably a third of the county and all the dispatchers are Deputies).

Comment

The road patrol is definitely small so it's a little hard to get to it. I think they only have about 25 to 30 deputies on the road actually. They only have 7 districts, so if you figure 7 districts x 3 shifts, that's 21 minimum.

The money is excellent. The opportunities are really vast. I would say if you can deal with being stuck in the jail checking cracks and counting spoons for a few years, it would be worth it.

Comment

Working on my packet now.....Seems to be a great opportunity

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3782 users online. 250 members and 3532 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X