300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas Highway Patrol is HIRING TROOPERS

Just announced on January 24, 2012, the Kansas Highway Patrol is currently taking applications for a recruit trooper class scheduled to begin July 2012.

The deadline to apply is February 24, 2012, and the testing date is March 10, 2012, in Salina, KS at the training academy. For more information and to apply on-line go to:

Wow they added a 1.5 mile run to the testing process. That seems like a good idea to me. Do you know what the required time is for passing NBW791?

Good luck to all who apply.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Wow they added a 1.5 mile run to the testing process. That seems like a good idea to me. Do you know what the required time is for passing NBW791?

Good luck to all who apply.
      It appears to be the same as the testing process for the previous class (#50) where they took everyone who passed the written exam, split them into 4 groups, and recorded some basic info along with the 1.5 mile times. There wasn't any required finish time that day. I think they use that to compare during the last part before going to the academy.

That was my first time applying and I made it almost all the way through. Second time's a charm, right??

Comment

I think in the academy the time is around 14 or 16 minutes. It's pretty easy to reach. "Almost all the way through?" You know what they say..."Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and nuclear warheads."

Comment

Anyone who is applying should be watching the KHP Facebook page as they are regularly posting photos, videos and updates on the recruit class that started the beginning of January.

---Cut the red wire---

Comment

Ive applied and have been watching the updates on the current recruit class. Anyone have any pointers for the testing day? This will be my first time applying and testing with KHP.

Comment

Originally posted by Atoolin View Post
              Ive applied and have been watching the updates on the current recruit class. Anyone have any pointers for the testing day? This will be my first time applying and testing with KHP.
              Show up on time with everything they say to bring. Also not having warrants, suspended driver's license, or felony convictions is always a plus. Plan on a whole day as well. If you work night shift some where I'd try and take the night before off so you are rested before testing. It's not a hard test, but it is draining.
              Last edited by radioman; 02-09-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I appreciate the advice. Anyone else on here attending the testing?

Comment

I am testing with this class as well.

Comment

make sure your vehicle has a current proof of insurance card in it
                    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                    The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                    sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                      make sure your vehicle has a current proof of insurance card in it

Well, it would be stupid to not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by radioman View Post
                        Show up on time with everything they say to bring. Also not having warrants, suspended driver's license, or felony convictions is always a plus. Plan on a whole day as well. If you work night shift some where I'd try and take the night before off so you are rested before testing. It's not a hard test, but it is draining.
                        ^ This.

I was there for the last round of hiring and was there until about 3pm. There were still two groups of runners left after me but I think they cut the last group short due to too many people passing out in the heat.

The test isn't difficult, just long. Remember to bring all of your paperwork and don't think about it too much.

I'll be there again this time around too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldor View Post
                          Well, it would be stupid to not have one.
                          I agree. Ive heard stories about how recruits showing up to the first day were asked for proof and then cited on the spot when they failed to produced it
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

Comment

I've never heard of KHP doing that (citing applicants the day of testing). Honestly, with 300+ people, that would take WAY too long to do.

I have heard of Missouri State Highway Patrol checking things as the recruits pulled in for the first day of the academy and citing them for things like window tint, expired tags, etc. If I remember correctly, a few recruit classes ago some window tint got checked.

If you get hired, I would recommend getting your vehicle squared away before you show up. Don't show up with a truck bed full of crushed beer cans.

Comment

^^^Really? an ex KS trooper and now local PD Officer advised they cited those who didnt have it...and something about making the recruits get in and out of their cars a BUNCH of times because it wasnt fast enough. This would have been over a decade ago, though.
                              The Tick

sanitizer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2628 users online. 138 members and 2490 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X