300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedg. County Sherriff Cadets

Last edited by Jester69; 06-29-2009, 07:22 AM.
    Originally posted by ISPY4U2
    I'd have pooped myself.
    "But Officer, it's not my butthole. Really, it's my cousins butthole."

-V

I was never a cadet but having worked with them in Sedgwick County, I know a little bit. What are you wanting to know?
    "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

Last edited by Jester69; 06-29-2009, 07:22 AM.
      Originally posted by ISPY4U2
      I'd have pooped myself.
      "But Officer, it's not my butthole. Really, it's my cousins butthole."

-V

Comment

Originally posted by Jester69 View Post
        For starters there was one guy that was doing ride alongs with Wichita PD with me that was talking about how he got 500 dollar clothing allowance so he got some 5 11 gear and a set of body armor. He was actually wearing it that night on his ride along and conducting himself like he was just another officer with that department.

What are some the dutys and privileges of a cadet? How often and for what time period do i do these. Just procedural things like that. And if you dont mind a pm of who you are would be cool so i could introduce myself once i start.
        As for a clothing allowence, I have a hard time believing that he got one. The full time guys get a $600 dollar allowence (going up to $650 in 2009) and I can't see a cadet getting that, but maybe the PD is different. As for the SO, no, there is no allowence. You will get uniforms issued to you and a vest will be issued. It is usually ones they have from guys who quit or when the road guys get new ones. You will get a complete uniform set up, minus a duty weapon.

As for priviledges, you get the priviledge of working along side some of the best deputies around. The SO guys are a blast to work with. As you just get started, LISTEN, and keep your mouth shut :-) Let them teach you and you will learn a lot. As for how often, you can ride as much as you want once you go through their training. They also meet two nights a week. It is a good time and it will let you see how much fun the job can really be. Like I said though, let them teach you.

As for a PM to introduce myself, I can't do that. I don't wear a uniform anymore You won't see me around a bunch of uniform guys. Plus I don't live in that area anymore.
        "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3128 users online. 164 members and 2964 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X