300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonner Springs PD

They are hiring. Does anyone know anything about them?
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

My friend just got hired with them. He applied with Bonner, was not selected, but told they would hire him if he was previously certified. He went to Blue River Community College in Independence, and got MO certified. He then tested again with Bonner and he was hired I believe before he graduated the academy. He graduated, started FTO, took the 40 hour reciprocity class at KLETC, and was good to go. He loves Bonner and glad he came back to Kansas vs. the Missouri side. He has an advantage to be certified in KS and MO, but you have to pay to put yourself through the academy. Since you not having much luck...might try that route...makes yourself really marketable.

To make a long story longer....they like to hire laterals or certified guys. Eventually they will send you to the academy. Overall good department. I know a few officers there. A lot of guys use it as a stepping stone...and they have caught on I think.

Comment

I had a guy from Bonner in my regional academy class, so they WILL hire people who are not certified.

I know a few guys there - they like it. Plenty of dirtbags for sure and no county residency requirement like KCKPD.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninCODE1 View Post
        My friend just got hired with them. He applied with Bonner, was not selected, but told they would hire him if he was previously certified. He went to Blue River Community College in Independence, and got MO certified. He then tested again with Bonner and he was hired I believe before he graduated the academy. He graduated, started FTO, took the 40 hour reciprocity class at KLETC, and was good to go. He loves Bonner and glad he came back to Kansas vs. the Missouri side. He has an advantage to be certified in KS and MO, but you have to pay to put yourself through the academy. Since you not having much luck...might try that route...makes yourself really marketable.
        They have an evening academy over there. The money isn't an issue, I already have $25,000 in student loans I am working to pay off, what is a few thousand more

A lot of the KS PD's recruit the students over there anyway.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Well, I had a response type out about the difference between the Class A (600 hour) and Class B (470 hour) academy. Now they only offer a 700 hour certification. That's easier.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6464 users online. 352 members and 6112 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X