300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolfe PD

Rolfe PD is taking apps. could be around 40k and a new black dodge to drive around in

Eeek! What a tiny town......

I just love that Iowa pays that well for those small towns....unlike the state to the south of them.....

Comment

Rolfe

Originally posted by iowaK9deputy View Post
      Rolfe PD is taking apps. could be around 40k and a new black dodge to drive around in

Town of about 750................24/7 job............. with I think 1 or 2 part time and/or reserve officers....................
      The former mayor is a HS classmate
      The current mayor is a former school teacher of mine
      Two of the city council were HS classmates...actually one was a yr younger.

I'll pass (of course I wouldn't go up there for a number of other reasons)

K9.........PM Me about the current chief..and I also would like to know about the past chief (what happened to Kenny)
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        PM Me about the current chief..and I also would like to know about the past chief (what happened to Kenny)
        I can find out as well.....as I am sure my buddy's brother would know....

Comment

My gawd K9...you getting a bonus for finding somebody or you just don't wanna have to cover it

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Town of about 750................24/7 job............. with I think 1 or 2 part time and/or reserve officers....................
            The former mayor is a HS classmate
            The current mayor is a former school teacher of mine
            Two of the city council were HS classmates...actually one was a yr younger.

I'll pass (of course I wouldn't go up there for a number of other reasons)

K9.........PM Me about the current chief..and I also would like to know about the past chief (what happened to Kenny)

1603 ..there is no current chief, he just resigned!

K9 failed to mentioned that the opening is for Chief!!
            Last edited by lcpdwannabe; 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lcpdwannabe View Post
              1603 ..there is no current chief, he just resigned!
              Yea....realized that.................but when talking about the last 2 chiefs I thought it might be easier to use the terminology I did...........
              I would be more correct to say
              1st past chief and 2nd past chief

I never met the 1st past chief.................. but the 2nd past chief and I used to do a lot of .......................lets just say socializing...................

I almost never get back up there execpt to visit the graves......mom is in Manson so I usually stop driving there!!!!!!

They also have gone thru 2 or 3 city clerks in the last 3 yrs
              3 mayors in the last 5 yrs
              and a whole lot of city council members in the last 10 yrs.and not all of them have been beat in elections...........LOTS of people just quit.............

SMALL town Iowa at it's finest
              Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-01-2008, 06:08 PM.
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

[QUOTE=lcpdwannabe;1354952]1603 ..there is no current chief, he just resigned!

K9 failed to mentioned that the opening is for Chief!![/QUOTE]

Knew that too ONLY 1 FULL TIME POSITION IN THE BIG CITY OF ROLFE...Last I knew there were 2 partimers.....but that was when the 2nd past chief was in charge
                Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-01-2008, 06:09 PM.

Comment

1603, You pretty much know any old dog in Law Enforcement in Iowa, don't ya?!

Comment

Originally posted by 86-43 View Post
                    1603, You pretty much know any old dog in Law Enforcement in Iowa, don't ya?!
                    I have been around the community for about 35 yrs. Lived and worked in 3 of the four corners of the state, and been to more LE training sessions than I ever want to think about again.

Of course I think the average age of the Iowa officers that frequent this forum is about equal to the age of my oldest pair of work boots. Not that I think that is bad .......just puts things in perspecitive.

As you should know by now......networking is great.........one of the best things about being in the profession is how officers stick together......and work together...........

Its getting hard NOW, but there was a time I could call just about any jurisdiction in Iowa (either using a city or a county department) and find someone that either I knew or how at least knew who I was.........however now most of my contacts have retired......................

But there are still a few around....and I still talk to a lot of them..............and the neat thing is........most of them that are still around are command staff and chiefs...............
                    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 08-02-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lcpdwannabe View Post
                      My gawd K9...you getting a bonus for finding somebody or you just don't wanna have to cover it
                      I just hope that they can get someone thats no a jacka** like you of your old boss

Comment

Originally posted by iowaK9deputy View Post
                        I just hope that they can get someone thats no a jacka** like you of your old boss

Can I get a decoder ring, so I can decipher what the hell you just said

Comment

Originally posted by CCB2002
                          I was just up in that neck of the woods this week, as I was in a wedding in Palmer, Iowa. Everyone seems fairly nice up in that area. I drank at a bar after words in Pocahontas and seen a night deputy that drove past us, was that by chance you K9
                          It prolly was...with his blinders on

I saw that you was down there...You shoulda called!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2954 users online. 156 members and 2798 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X