Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show up to Court or Do an investigation...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show up to Court or Do an investigation...

If you were called by the CA to show up for court because you were first on scene at a Domestic...

Would you

A....show up to testify

B....Skip out and not tell the CA, or go do an investigation and leave a fellow officer hanging.

What would you do?????
    lcpdwannabe
    Crime Fighter
    Last edited by lcpdwannabe; 07-17-2008, 04:39 PM.

Show up for court......a must appear subpoena is NOT a 'request' from the court for your presence.....it is an order......

The judge that I usually had to deal with would issue a 'contempt of court' body attachment warrant if you didnt show up on a must appear subpoena......
    The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by CCB2002
      hard, cause sometimes the CA only sends letters saying they would like it if we attended. I have only been subpoenaed a few times.
      Ahhhhh......completely different for us......they issue subpoenas for everything.......even if you just happen to get mentioned in the report....

Now, they can be 'on call' or 'must appear'......if its 'must appear' then you show up......unless you can make prior arrangements with the DA.....
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

get over it

First on scene YES but has nothing to do with the case

talked to only the victim wannabe also talked to victim and victim was there to testify

investigation cleared 4 burglary in our county and 3 in other county
        11 felony charges in our county
        1 agg in our county

was planning on going but got called and told to get down there right away

was not a subpoena was a PBX

and it was a simple

would do it again in a heart beat

Comment

Get Over It

oh one more thing i talked with the CA and she was fine with it

and the still won

Comment

i can't alway be there to hold your hand

I'll try harder next time

Comment

So K9...you can relate to this topic, is what your saying

Comment

the best thing is when people wine about stupid things that wouldn't have made a difference

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by 86-43 View Post
                    Can't we all just get along?

It's all in fun...we hugged and kissed and he held my hand tonight

Comment

Originally posted by CCB2002
                      Just curious did you guys know each other prior to you getting on your department, or one day you figure out you both were on O.com? By way, thanks again for the email on the job opening..
                      Didn't know who he was before I started. His twin brother used to be the Asst: Chief here and he filled me in on him when I started. I prolly wouldn't moved here if I knew him before hand

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3684 users online. 226 members and 3458 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X