300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-week Academy

Did anyone here go through the 8-week Academy? If so, what was it like? Any words of advice?

I am wondering the same... was just recently hired and told I will be attending the 8-week academy (witcc). Any thoughts about it, whats better the 8 or 13 week academy?

Comment

The ILEA website says that it is for people with Criminal Justice or Police Science degrees. I am just about finished with my BA in Criminology at UNI. The website is: http://www.state.ia.us/ilea/Basics.htm. Click on any of the Basic II schools and they will show you the requirements. I would call them and ask them if a Public Administration degree qualifies you.

Comment

I have an AA in CJ. If you want to keep your major of Public Administration, i wonder if a minor in CJ would qualify? I know ISU now has a CJ program.

Comment

I had a friend of mine who had a Criminalogy Degree, and was not allowed to take the short academy. The Police Science degree will always get you in. Public Administration will not get you into the 8 week academy.
          Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on ICE!

Comment

i would rather go to the long academy... i am going to the short one in a few months.

Comment

i think you would get better training at the longer academy than the short.... thats what i have heard from other officers. go to the long if you have a choice is what they say.

Comment

The short academy is just that short. 13 weeks is no where NEAR enough time to learn all that a new officer needs to make themselves and their fellow officers safe. The short academy is far to short, but you have to AT least have a degree in CJ for it to work, the short academy is saying you already have general knowledge Public Administration will give you no knowledge on how to be a cop.
                Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on ICE!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3141 users online. 181 members and 2960 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X