300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to Expect....

In a couple of weeks I am testing with a few LEO departments in Iowa. I am POST licensed in MN and have worked as a peace officer in the metro for 4 yrs. Is the POST test in Iowa difficult and what is the background process like in Iowa? I know in MN it was a lengthy process anywhere from 6 to 12 months to complete a background. Looking to relocate w/family soon.

THX...

I am not a LEO yet, but I am applying at some depts around the state. Where are you applying? The ones I have applied test in the next few weeks, and hope to have someone hired by june to start in july. So the whole process moves pretty fast. From what I understand Des Moines' process is a little longer, apply in Oct, to hire in July. In talking to some current LEO's in Iowa the POST test is not extemely difficult, similar to Basic Skills test in high school. But I have sent for a study guide and will let you know about it when it comes in the mail.

Comment

The background check depends on the department..bigger agencies in my opinion seem to get more indepth.

The post test is a joke..I scored in the high 90's and I thought I was mentally challenged

Comment

Whats the deal with polygraphs? Some agencies require them and some don't.. Like larger agencies. Any study guides for the POST test out there to purchase? THX...

Comment

To Iowa PD hopefull, Cedar Rapids Pd, Wayne Co. Sheriff Office,
          Thx ...

Comment

Originally posted by YMAN
            Whats the deal with polygraphs? Some agencies require them and some don't.. Like larger agencies. Any study guides for the POST test out there to purchase? THX...
            I just got my study guide for the POST test from Marshalltown, Just send them a letter and check for $3.75 and you will have it the next day. I went through the guide in like 10 minutes, if that is what the test is really like, you wont have any troubles. It was extremly easy. As for the polygraph's some places I have applied said the have them, and some don't mention it, I think it is a cost factor for the smaller depts.

Comment

Iowa Pd Hopefull, I sent you Private Message....

Comment

The POST is very easy. General knowledge test with a law enforcement spin on the questions. You only have to take it once per year, the scores go with you. Stannard and Associates will report your previous scores to any other agency you are applying at. Polygraphs depend on the department, and some use CVSI instead. The MMPI is another test you will have to take, generally it's one of the last things you will have to do.

Covman

Comment

Originally posted by lcpdwannabe
                  The background check depends on the department..bigger agencies in my opinion seem to get more indepth.

The post test is a joke..I scored in the high 90's and I thought I was mentally challenged
                  I agree with both points here. The Post is a joke. Way too easy imo..Most will pass this so you really have make it or break it in the interviews. Be prepared and sell yourself. Know a lot of each department your applying to.

Comment

Originally posted by scott72
                    I agree with both points here. The Post is a joke. Way too easy imo..Most will pass this so you really have make it or break it in the interviews. Be prepared and sell yourself. Know a lot of each department your applying to.

for sure know alot about the department..most key in on this!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6459 users online. 368 members and 6091 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X