Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Ted] I don't think that Affirmative Action is a positive thing for men or women of any color anymore. At one time it was. It helped to bring about much needed changes in this country. But now it just divides us.

Exact opposite, Affirmative Action will bring us together....

Comment

Affirmative Action is a bunch of BS!!! Yman... whats wrong with hiring the best person for the job whether they are male or female, brown, purple, black white or red???

Comment

Originally posted by lewy15
        Affirmative Action is a bunch of BS!!! Yman... whats wrong with hiring the best person for the job whether they are male or female, brown, purple, black white or red???
        Affirmative Action diversifies the ranks within departments to better reflect the community it serves. I am astonished that in 2006 that you would ask such a question.

Comment

YMAN, you strike me as the type who likes to straddle both sides of the fence. You claim to be so oppressed, yet you claim to not need AA, on account of "being the best person for the job." If racism was the problem, they would have found a way to keep you from getting hired. So quick to find a reason to call someone a racist, when in fact, it looks like YOU are the racist! No matter what someone says or does to show respect and consideration for a "person of color", as you put it, you still look to find a way to throw dirt on it. It's people like you who tend to reinforce the ideas of a lot of old hard-liners.

Ted is right; AA is an old cow that needs to be put out to pasture. It has served it's purpose, but is no longer needed. Females and minorities have proven themselves to be a valuable asset to LE agencies all over the nation.

I have nothing against females/minorities being police officers, and this was not the first time I have been beat out of a job by one. I do have a major problem with double standards, which does not have a damned thing to do with race/gender/or if they want to bed down with goats!

Was it fair that she got a second chance to take that test, but I didn't? That's what made me mad.
          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by DMS 525
            YMAN, you strike me as the type who likes to straddle both sides of the fence. You claim to be so oppressed, yet you claim to not need AA, on account of "being the best person for the job." If racism was the problem, they would have found a way to keep you from getting hired. So quick to find a reason to call someone a racist, when in fact, it looks like YOU are the racist! No matter what someone says or does to show respect and consideration for a "person of color", as you put it, you still look to find a way to throw dirt on it. It's people like you who tend to reinforce the ideas of a lot of old hard-liners.

Ted is right; AA is an old cow that needs to be put out to pasture. It has served it's purpose, but is no longer needed. Females and minorities have proven themselves to be a valuable asset to LE agencies all over the nation.

I have nothing against females/minorities being police officers, and this was not the first time I have been beat out of a job by one. I do have a major problem with double standards, which does not have a damned thing to do with race/gender/or if they want to bed down with goats!

Was it fair that she got a second chance to take that test, but I didn't? That's what made me mad.

The issue is that you insulted those who have benefited from Affirmative Action, yet you can't accept the fact you failed a PT test and continue to blame AA for your failures. Move on man. Too much pent up anger towards a female who was hired instead of you. Do you know this female personally?

Why continue to insult DMP?

The term racist thrives from POWER, people of color don't have the power in this country ("Superior"). Save the insults, instead read a book.

Comment

DMS 525, for the record, I never called you a racist or used the term in any of my posts.

Comment

you say aa represents the community as a whole... so are you saying if a community is 100% african american then have all african american cops or if its all white then have all white cops serve it??

Comment

"Based on the goals of the Federal Court Consent Decree for the Cincinnati Police Department, it is anticipated that the recruit class will be 34% black and 23% female."

(Quoted from police recruit information guide.)

That is an example quoted from the departments website. What this means is that there is a maximum of 43% of the slots open for white males.
                  If more than 43% of the white males have the top scores, there will still be only 43% hired. Those are the simple facts.

Comment

Originally posted by YMAN
                    The issue is that you insulted those who have benefited from Affirmative Action, yet you can't accept the fact you failed a PT test and continue to blame AA for your failures. Move on man. Too much pent up anger towards a female who was hired instead of you. Do you know this female personally?

Why continue to insult DMP?

The term racist thrives from POWER, people of color don't have the power in this country ("Superior"). Save the insults, instead read a book.
                    Yes, in fact I do know that officer personally. Fine Officer, too. Never have blamed her for my not getting hired, nor have I ever toted a grudge against her.

"Move on, man." I did. I am in a profession that pays well, offers good benefits, and suits me well. May not be LE work, but LE wasn't and isn't the only thing I'll ever do.

Where did I ever insult DMP? My beef was with the Civil Service commission for the City of D.M., not the Police Department.

"Save the insults?" Where was I insulting anyone? Merely stating my observations, just as you did your's. And I have read lots of books in my time. And I saw a lot of the pros and cons related to strife between the races before you even learned to tie your shoes. Saw a race riot many years before you were even BORN! I saw on the news and read in the paper when Dr. Martin Luther King was gunned down. I was young, but remember being so confused and mad, wondering why ALL people couldn't just get along with each other, and treat everybody the same.

A lot has come a long way since that time, and will continue to change for the better. Folks like you who may disagree with that make me wonder, just what in the hell is it you want? I don't know; do you even know?
                    Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3466 users online. 180 members and 3286 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X