300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa LEA info

I was just offered a job by the Marshalltown PD and will be going to the academy in April. I was just wondering what to expect when I get there. I am 22 and work out regularly so I dont think the physical part will be a problem for me. I am still nervous, however. Any info anyone has on the physical, mental, and academic parts of the academy would be greatly appreciated.

congrats

on getting hired , I am trying to get on as a reserve to get some experiance. sorry I don't have any advice about the academy, but keep us up to date on your progress! Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by chillers06
      I was just offered a job by the Marshalltown PD and will be going to the academy in April. I was just wondering what to expect when I get there. I am 22 and work out regularly so I dont think the physical part will be a problem for me. I am still nervous, however. Any info anyone has on the physical, mental, and academic parts of the academy would be greatly appreciated.

the first part of April or april 17th??

Comment

I am in the academy right now, about half way done. We've had a few 4-5 mile runs, but you wont start out that way. you will start out at about 2 miles. When you go to run in ames for entrance to the academy, they will tell you the 1.5 mile run will be the least amount of running you will do, and they are right. They also try to get in your head, and make it out to be worse than it really is. Just don't sweat it, dont break the rules, and you will have a good time.

Comment

hey colaking...i'll buy a a case of beer and a couple of lg pizas if you save your notes

Comment

Notes?, you mean we were supposed to take those? Seriously, it's a pretty good time. I went in April last year, and I think it was the best time of year to go. There is a lot to the academy, but you'll pick up on most stuff as you are there. Make sure you have someone you can call to bring you stuff if you figure out you need it during the first week. You won't be able to leave Camp Dodge during the week. Academically it wasn't hard, just use your evenings to study. You won't have anything else to do.

I sent you a PM a few days ago, and it had a little more in it. One more thing, make sure you are very well hydrated before you take the test in Ames. The air is brutal in the field house. That run hurt more than any other except the little six mile jaunt at the end.

Covman

Comment

i start on arpil 17

Comment

i start on arpil 17

same hera!!

Comment

who are you and chillers working for??

Comment

Check your PM....neighbor.

Comment

i dont really take many notes. My rooms study sessions so far consisted of watching movies and studying for maybe an hour before the night before the tests. So far its paid off. I probably wont get the top scores, but i havent had any problems so far.

Comment

i start on arpil 17
                        Definitely the best time of the year to go. I went thru april to june in 2000. Weather was perfect. A couple hot and cool days here and there, otherwise very nice. Enjoy it, you'll make a lot of friends.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3286 users online. 159 members and 3127 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X