300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscatine County

The Muscatine County Sheriff’s Office is accepting applications for the position of Deputy Sheriff. The position is full time and includes county health benefits, vacation and sick time. Beginning salary is $20.92 per hour for uncertified officer (additional for certified, depending on experience).
    Testing will be conducted at the Muscatine High School (2705 Cedar St. Muscatine, IA.) on Saturday, August 23, 2014. Physical testing (Iowa Certified Officers exempt from physical) sign in at 8:45 A.M., with test beginning at9:00A.M. at the school track (back of building). Written test (certified officers and those passing physical) will begin at 11:00 A.M. in the school cafeteria (entrance across from track).
    Muscatine County plans to fill first open position as soon as possible after testing.
    Applications may be picked up at the Muscatine County Jail (400 Walnut St., Muscatine, IA. 52761) or online atwww.muscatinecountysheriff.com. Application accepted until 4:00 P.M. Friday August 8, 2014.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

What physical agility standards do they use here?
    There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Originally posted by halfacop View Post
      What physical agility standards do they use here?
      State of Iowa standard as far as I know.

Bottom line you have to pass the Iowa ILEA standard to ENTER the academy.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

We use part of the Cooper Standards at the 50th percentile. One minute push-up, one minute sit-up, sit and reach, then the 1.5 mile run. It is age based, so the older you get the longer you have to run and the fewer push-ups you have to do.

I am pretty sure every agency in the state uses these standards as they are academy entrance standards.

For a 20-29 year old male:
        38 Sit ups
        29 Push ups
        16.5 inch sit and reach (1.5 inches past the toes)
        12:51 for the mile and a half.

Covman

Comment

That damn sit and reach is the bain of my boys existence right now. He is in outstanding shape and will have no issues passing any of the standards... except... he simply is not that flexible. He can get his toes but that's is REALLY stretching it... pun intended.

He's 6 foot and lean as hell. I'm almost done dicking with him because he can probably take me, but even I, at 41 and majorly out of shape, can reach further than he can.
          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

Comment

Originally posted by halfacop View Post
            That damn sit and reach is the bain of my boys existence right now. He is in outstanding shape and will have no issues passing any of the standards... except... he simply is not that flexible. He can get his toes but that's is REALLY stretching it... pun intended.

He's 6 foot and lean as hell. I'm almost done dicking with him because he can probably take me, but even I, at 41 and majorly out of shape, can reach further than he can.
            Yep

There is no waivers either. You have to meet the minimums or the Academy won't take you .

Comment

The only way I know to prepare for that portion of the PAT is stretch often. The towel around the balls of the feet thing is the best one I know of. Go visit a chiropractor, they have a lot of stretches to limber one up. Or go do yoga and get ready to be sore.

Covman

Comment

Originally posted by covman454 View Post
                The only way I know to prepare for that portion of the PAT is stretch often. The towel around the balls of the feet thing is the best one I know of. Go visit a chiropractor, they have a lot of stretches to limber one up. Or go do yoga and get ready to be sore.

Covman
                Right - I gave him a few examples of stretches to do, including the towel trick. He is knocking them out so we will see what happens.

I appreciate the tips and hints - I will pass them on to him. Or better yet - get him to get on here and start picking this **** up on his own. LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3635 users online. 139 members and 3496 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X