Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas County, Iowa

http://www.co.dallas.ia.us/departmen...-opportunities

Here is the link to a deputy opening in Dallas County. In case the link doesn't work, do an internet search for their website and you should be able to find it. Dallas County in the fastest growing county in the state and the department has a pretty good rep, despite some issues over the last several years. The sheriff over there is well respected and took care of problems with a couple of personnel changes.

Covman

[QUOTE=covman454;3453587, despite some issues over the last several years. T[/QUOTE]

Really just one main issue ------------------

Very good agency
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

What is the main issue? PM if you want Iowa.

Comment

The previous administration was the issue. Google it and you will see what the problems were. That was several years ago and they have turned around.

Covman

Comment

Originally posted by covman454 View Post
          The previous administration was the issue. Google it and you will see what the problems were. That was several years ago and they have turned around.

Covman
          Turned around big time

Lets just say the former sheriff was convicted of a felony
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Anyone know if you have to start in the jail.

Comment

Originally posted by atsteele View Post
              Anyone know if you have to start in the jail.
              Civilian jailers

Comment

They are hiring again. Closing date is Dec. 31st and testing is Jan. 24th.

Comment

The Dallas County Sheriff's Office is currently hiring for the following positions:

Deputy Sheriff

Civil Service Deputy Sheriff Exam
                  Civil Service Commission
                  Dallas County, IA

Notice is hereby given that Dallas County, Iowa will be conducting entrance examinations for Deputy Sheriff on Saturday January 24, 2015 at the Waukee YMCA located at 575 SE University Avenue Waukee, Iowa, beginning promptly at 8:30am. Each candidate will be required to present a state drivers license or state I.D. card (state of current residence) before participating in the testing process. Minorities, females, and bi-lingual candidates (particularly English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply.

Any individual that needs to take the POST test will need to report to the ADM Middle School commons located at 801 Nile Kinnick Drive S Adel, Iowa following the physical agility testing at the Waukee YMCA.

Candidates will be required to take the physical agility test.

To Apply:
                  Complete an application online at: http://www.co.dallas.ia.us/departmen...-opportunities.

Comment

Seems like they test quite frequently.

Comment

does anyone know how the pay structure works there? says they start at about $40k a year which seems low compared to other departments in the area? I'm guessing thats only the recruit pay and once you finish your training then you get a raise?

Comment

Remember Dallas county is NOT Polk county---------tax base much lower and even though it is the "Metro" area, you still are a small county with MUCH smaller pay.

The County only shows a 2010 census of 66,000

Starting pay of 40k is about right for that population base
                        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 12-07-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Mid 40's is the going rate to start for most of the departments around here. DMPD and Polk County are higher but as Iowa said, they have a higher tax base to start. My department (in Polk County) starts at 48; Ankeny, Johnston, Urbandale are not too far off that for starting pay. Most departments around here bump you up in pay fairly quick, a five year to top pay scale is pretty common.

Covman

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6356 users online. 368 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X