300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Des Moines PD

I'm too lazy to go find the link, but I saw the announcement yesterday that Des Moines Police Department will start taking apps in a couple of days for Police Officer. It is on their facebook page and I'm sure it is on their website.

Covman

FINALLY. Been waiting on them for awhile.

Comment

http://agency.governmentjobs.com/des...FwddxPacket%3E

I've not heard how many will be hired this time 'round. Last class finished with 27.

PT Trainer would really like to have the class over the summer months so he can hit 'em harder. Not likely to happen. To those who make it, he uses Cross Fit as a base and amps it up a bit as you go on. 23 week academy.

Comment

I love cross fit.

Comment

"I love cross fit."

Then good luck.

Comment

Got to get hired first....

Comment

How long does the background generally take if you already work for a PD?

Comment

The background takes the same amount of time if you are working for a PD or not. They have a checklist and packet they have to complete. Look for about a month or two to get the background complete. The investigators have several to do at once.

Covman

Comment

After the chief demoted Lori Lavorato for telling the truth instead of pandering to the liberals I wouldn't want to work in an organization like that.

http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.co...uoting-report/
                  Last edited by Long Relief; 05-16-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
                    After the chief demoted Lori Lavorato for telling the truth instead of pandering to the liberals I wouldn't want to work in an organization like that.

http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.co...uoting-report/
                    Sgt Lavorato was not demoted. She was reassigned. She remained a Sgt
                    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      Sgt Lavorato was not demoted. She was reassigned. She remained a Sgt
                      She is now an SPO, a demotion from Sgt.

http://db.desmoinesregister.com/2013...rms%5Bcol6%5D=

Comment

Anyone know how many they're looking to hire?

Comment

Originally posted by Long Relief View Post
                          She is now an SPO, a demotion from Sgt.

http://db.desmoinesregister.com/2013...rms%5Bcol6%5D=
                          She remained a Sgt for over a year after that incident.

You know some people aren't "demoted" but take VOLUNTARY reductions in rank. It happens all the time
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I wouldn't get in too big of a hurry, I heard this process won't be starting the academy any time in 2014. I could be off on that, but this is the last information I heard.

DMPD is a large agency by Midwest standards and they are a political organization. For the most part, they have a lot of good officers on the department. The only information I have on the Lavorato incident comes from local media, which is notoriously unreliable and biased so I will not Monday-morning-quarterback the chief's decision.

Covman

Comment

Ya in the notice it said start date 5/2015

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6309 users online. 342 members and 5967 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X