300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Carry

I'm a Reserve Officer, trying to get on Full Time somewhere, but for now, "just" a Reserve.

Our Sgt. really encouraged us through the academy to carry off-duty whenever we could and I do try to make a habit of it. One never knows when one is going to come across something dicey.

That said - I've begun to receive grief from the wife's side of the family when I'm conceal carrying.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one to ever experience this, so, how do you handle it? Is it common to get crap for carrying?

I would not tell anyone past your wife, if she yaps it out she is no longer in the circle of trust and don't tell her.

Comment

Originally posted by urbReserve View Post
      I'm a Reserve Officer, trying to get on Full Time somewhere, but for now, "just" a Reserve.

Our Sgt. really encouraged us through the academy to carry off-duty whenever we could and I do try to make a habit of it. One never knows when one is going to come across something dicey.

That said - I've begun to receive grief from the wife's side of the family when I'm conceal carrying.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one to ever experience this, so, how do you handle it? Is it common to get crap for carrying?
      If you are carrying concealed.................they will never know.

If they find out...............tell them your department encouraged it & you are choosing to follow that encouragement. Also tell them that if it becomes a problem, you will not come around them carrying----------(I personally would add that you would still be carrying----)

Now the other part.............you need to clear this with the war department
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        If you are carrying concealed.................they will never know.

If they find out...............tell them your department encouraged it & you are choosing to follow that encouragement. Also tell them that if it becomes a problem, you will not come around them carrying----------(I personally would add that you would still be carrying----)

Now the other part.............you need to clear this with the war department
        Yes, I forgot to mention that my father-in-law saw the outline one day and questioned me if I was. He didn't care, but my sister-in-law (a backwoods idiot) overheard and ripped in to me. Apparently my concealment wasn't as good as I thought. :-)

Regardless of whether or not it was totally concealed, I'm not quite understanding of the disregard for the gun.

The wife knows I carry - she doesn't yap it. She actually appreciates it given the area of DSM that we live in. I think it is a case of hillbillies gone backward (after all - most hillbillies are gun-totin, ya know) :-)

It just caught me off guard is all.

Comment

Originally posted by urbReserve View Post

Regardless of whether or not it was totally concealed, I'm not quite understanding of the disregard for the gun.
          It just caught me off guard is all.
          F the sister in law.......

Some people are against guns no matter what.................... their problem not ours.

I was in your fair city a couple weeks ago................I had my little friend with me!
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yeah, I try not to leave the house without mine. Make sure it's truly concealed though. I think a lot of the problem that people have with people carrying guns around is that it's a reminder that there's potential for someone to have to use it. They'd rather sit back and carry the "out of sight, out of mind" thought process, rather than facing some reality. I just usually say, "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I wouldn't be able to handle the fact that I may have saved my own life or some other innocent person's life, simply because I didn't want to carry one." OR "I hear crazy people have guns, so I might as well too." That being said - Rule 1 of law enforcement: You can't reason with unreasonable people. So, carry it all you want and tell your sister in law to pound some sand.
            "I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement."
            -Calvin Coolidge

"Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they can't get it wrong." - Unk

Comment

Thanks guys. a' sand-pounding she will go. And 1603 - there will be no f ing of the sister in law. she's gross. Haha!

I need to get a smaller gun, also, this thing isn't great for concealing but I generally do ok with concealment.

Comment

If you're actually concealing it, they shouldn't see the outline of it anyway. Don't ask, don't tell, and wear it everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by 86-43 View Post
                  If you're actually concealing it, they shouldn't see the outline of it anyway. Don't ask, don't tell, and wear it everywhere!
                  Indeed, you are correct. This one is hard to conceal but 99% of the time you can't tell. Guess this 1% of the time did it. lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5163 users online. 272 members and 4891 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X